• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Frank Fielding GK.....
Your recent bunch of names have all failed to sign. I will stick my neck out and call this one as BS.

Stelios

I think Moxey's days at LB are done. Doesn't bode well for Hartridge though, might end up on the released list if we're signing another player in his position.
Think I read here that Hartridge can play CB as well as LB. Not sure. Needs to be playing and thought he looked decent but I've got a feeling MT will not put up with any inexperience or soft mistakes at the back. Bit of a 'chicken/egg' situation with young defenders. Need to play to get experience. Will make errors because they're inexperienced.......

Stelios

Frank Fielding GK.....
I hear he is now independent but will he be prepared to move down from Birkenhead?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hear he is now independent but will he be prepared to move down from Birkenhead?
Surely he won’t drop to L2 either. He’s played a shed load of Championship games and is only 31.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Damien McCrory ✅
Don't know much about him but this suggests he would be a good signing. Would have thought he could have got a contract with a lower League 1 club, though.
https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/380350/nigel-clough-pays-tribute-to-limerick-soccer-star-damien-mccrory.html

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think I read here that Hartridge can play CB as well as LB. Not sure. Needs to be playing and thought he looked decent but I've got a feeling MT will not put up with any inexperience or soft mistakes at the back. Bit of a 'chicken/egg' situation with young defenders. Need to play to get experience. Will make errors because they're inexperienced.......
Dara O'Shea made a few mistakes but Matt Taylor stuck with him and it paid off over the season.

Intheknow84

This was suggested post not a rumour....

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really hope we look at players in the National League North and South as there’s some potential gems there.

Yesterday, Northampton signed Stockport’s top scorer from the NLN, think he got 25 goals for them. He may not make the step up but equally he could be a real talent.

Tshimanga at Oxford City was linked in January and he’d be the kind of player I’d like to take. Young, quick, scores goals etc. Also we should perhaps try to use some of Kinder’s knowledge of Irish players from his time there....

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Adam Smith from Bristol rovers if bonham signs permanent for them was at Leicester with weale
Very good goalkeeper. Apparently he has an invisible hand

SDRighton

Very good goalkeeper. Apparently he has an invisible hand
Well I got it... top work.