• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
They have also released J J Hooper, he has recently been on loan at Bromley in the National league where he has been banging them in, the reason I mention this is that there are some on here who want us to resign Jamie Reid who had a dreadful record in the National league. Hooper has struggled in the football league yet he is finding the league below a lot easier. Whilst every player is different the football league is a totally different level for most strikers, of course there are exceptions.

Temporarily Exiled

Wes Thomas released by Grimsby 12 goals this season, would probably give more value than some of these young loan strikers we’ve had
Give Seymour a chance - no need to congest the pathway for a very promising young striker of our own.

Temporarily Exiled

They have also released J J Hooper, he has recently been on loan at Bromley in the National league where he has been banging them in, the reason I mention this is that there are some on here who want us to resign Jamie Reid who had a dreadful record in the National league. Hooper has struggled in the football league yet he is finding the league below a lot easier. Whilst every player is different the football league is a totally different level for most strikers, of course there are exceptions.
How long ago would people have said Norwood was only cut out for non-league, and that he wouldn't be able to cut it in the football league?

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give Seymour a chance - no need to congest the pathway for a very promising young striker of our own.
Assuming Forte is retiring and Wilson isn't returning we will only have Bowman and Seymour which doesn't seem enough so I expect us to sign one more striker.

Red Monster

Assuming Forte is retiring and Wilson isn't returning we will only have Bowman and Seymour which doesn't seem enough so I expect us to sign one more striker.
We need a damn sight more than just one new striker .

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
How long ago would people have said Norwood was only cut out for non-league, and that he wouldn't be able to cut it in the football league?
As I said every player is different, I'm massively in favour of looking at players who aren't playing in the football league, there are gems out there.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree, if Forte retires we will need to bring in two or three.

When Bowman was injured we looked so weak up front.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I concur ........

Red Monster

Totally agree, if Forte retires we will need to bring in two or three.

When Bowman was injured we looked so weak up front.
I would go for three .
Lots on here are expecting Ben Seymour to just start playing L2 football and banging in goals just like that,
But it could be along process.
Not a criticism of Matt but he’s hardly been playing our young players apart from Archie so I don’t see next season
That he’s going to start playing Sparkes,Key,Dean,Randell,Hartridge and Kite ,
It’s going to be a slow process to see them getting to play L2 football.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would go for three .
Lots on here are expecting Ben Seymour to just start playing L2 football and banging in goals just like that,
But it could be along process.
Not a criticism of Matt but he’s hardly been playing our young players apart from Archie so I don’t see next season
That he’s going to start playing Sparkes,Key,Dean,Randell,Hartridge and Kite ,
It’s going to be a slow process to see them getting to play L2 football.
Well, I doubt if they'll all get into the team next year, but Storey and Amps have shown us that a player can make a giant leap.