• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage prediction thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had lunch with a Stevenage fan today and just passing on what he said that he thought they are going to try and open the stand bu Saturday.
The club are quite definite about this, and say they will issue an update in late August. They will in any case have to have various safety inspections and two test fixtures before they can open it fully, as we did with the SASS stand last season.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure why so many people suddenly have it in for Collins and Taylor. Yes, they were poor in the first half but so was everybody else and I thoight they did fine once we changed our tactics in the second half.
I don't think anyone has it in for either player; we all want them to succeed, but you have to call it as you see it. Matt T was pretty clear that he wasn't happy with the team's performance.

Personally I though both were unusually below par throughout the game, not just the first half. Let's hope the whole team are determined and focused on Saturday.

0-2. Bowman both. However, like Grecianpasty above, I would settle for a drab 0-0 (but on the basis that the defence is awesome and young Ward can take up smoking and have a fag behind the goal as and when as he is not required.):)

GJW

1-2 to City. They take the lead at half time. 2 late goals from us in the last 20 minutes.

Corey

2-1 City - Bowman and Williams, inc. another late winner.

exeter-loyal

Yeah I think we will snatch it 2-1. Ajose to get off the mark.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think Ajose will start. I'd imagine Bowman will be up front on his own with Martin supporting

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also going for a hard fought 2-1 win

IndoMike

I'll go 2-0 City.

PeteUSA

A loss I fear. Not particularly pessimistic person, but first home game for them, recruited well. I think it will be a tough afternoon. Pray I am wrong and Matt and the boys give us another three points. Will take one after last Saturday's performance.

I agree. A loss I fear as well. With that ramshackle looking team of ours we didnt deserve to win last saturday, but got lucky at the death. We'll need all the luck we can get if Taylor intends us to get anything v Stevenage. I think it'll be a heavy defeat 1-4.

Hope I'm proved wrong. (as everyone else says who doesn't want to get shouted at!)