• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract..

The deluder

Yes I think you are right but would love to see Jack Starkes start at left back.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
No Forte in the official 2019/20 squad photo, i noticed.

IndoMike

Think we’ll see as close to the team, shape and formation as we finished the last few months of last season with which will probably mean Bowman up top on his own supported by two wide men. Ward GK, Sparkes LB and Parkes CB.....just my feeling as I don’t think MT has been entirely happy with how pre season has gone, Ajose looking three weeks behind with his fitness for example.
I'd be very surprised if Matt T didn't start with Ajose and Bowman for this home game against a theoretically mediocre Macclesfield team. Surprised and disappointed.

benjisheps

No Forte in the official 2019/20 squad photo, i noticed.
Unfortunately Forte's retirement will be announced very soon. It is my understanding that they are just finalizing things in terms of the medical insurance

budegrecian

Ok, so we know the exact make up of the squad before tomorrow's game.
Due to his recent injury, I think Woodman will lose out to Deanno. It appears to me that Ward will be in goal ahead of Maxted. That just leaves two selection dilemmas for MT: Warren or A Martin, Williams or L Martin. Personally, I think Aaron Martin has done enough in pre season to get the nod ahead of Warren, but I have no real clue about the other choice; Williams's pace or Martin' guile. I'll guess Martin.

grecIAN Harris

Due to his recent injury, I think Woodman will lose out to Deanno. It appears to me that Ward will be in goal ahead of Maxted. That just leaves two selection dilemmas for MT: Warren or A Martin, Williams or L Martin. Personally, I think Aaron Martin has done enough in pre season to get the nod ahead of Warren, but I have no real clue about the other choice; Williams's pace or Martin' guile. I'll guess Martin.
I'd be inclined to play both Martin and Williams at home, put Law inside where he should playing and drop Taylor. It might be seen as a bit gung ho! by some but we have stay at home full backs who aren't exactly known for bombing down the line doing overlaps.

andrew p long

I agree and also think Aaron Martin gets the nod over Warren due to Warrens recent injury (this is what I think MT will do, rather than a view as to what I would choose)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always like to see how the possible line up evolves over the summer.

As of now..

Weale (!)

Sweeney
Martin A
Moxey
Woodman

Taylor
Collins

Williams
Law
Martin A

Bowman

Subs

Jack Arthur or Matt Taylor(!)
Forte
Holmes
Jay
tillson
Hartridge
Dean

In reserve - Sparkes,Randall, Key,Seymour, Kite,Dodd,Dyer
I think it's clear that Williams has moved ahead of Lee Martin in the pecking order and that the latter will be on the bench tomorrow so the only 2 selection dilemmas are right centre-half and left back. Therefore 8 of the above team are likely to play, reflecting the fact, that for all that it has felt like a summer of transition with so many new arrivals, we only actually lost 3 regular starters at the end of last season.

IndoMike

I think it's clear that Williams has moved ahead of Lee Martin in the pecking order and that the latter will be on the bench tomorrow so the only 2 selection dilemmas are right centre-half and left back. Therefore 8 of the above team are likely to play, reflecting the fact, that for all that it has felt like a summer of transition with so many new arrivals, we only actually lost 3 regular starters at the end of last season.
Somehow it seems a terrible waste to have Lee Martin on the bench

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's hard to tell what's going on from afar but Lee Martin definitely appeared to be ahead of Randell Williams at the start of pre-season but Randell has been playing well and made a few significant contributions during matches. Meanwhile, Lee found himself playing for effectively the B-team against Taunton, none of whom covered themselves in glory that night.