• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting 11 for 18/19 season

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gonna be 4-4-2. Sweeney, for example, is not really an attacking wide right midfielder. And our left-sided wide men aren't really the type to cover back in defense. which they'll need to do in a 3-5-2.

jimbo-gould

Think it’ll be 4-2-3-1.

————————-Pym———————
Sweeny——Brown—Martin—-Moxey
———-Boateng——-Law—————
Martin————Taylor——-——Holmes
——————-Stockley—————-

IndoMike

Think it’ll be 4-2-3-1.

————————-Pym———————
Sweeny——Brown—Martin—-Moxey
———-Boateng——-Law—————
Martin————Taylor——-——Holmes
——————-Stockley—————-
Maybe, but I think Taylor wants to be more attack-minded (he has stated that - especially at home) and think that Forte or maybe Abrahams will be in the team.
Also I think Boateng would be wasted in defensive midfield - he can dribble and shoot.

Last edited:

Pobbop

We appear to have a range of options for attacking midfielders: Boateng, Taylor, Martin, Law, Holmes, Sparkes. We do however have a lack of defensive midfielders: Tilson.

I think Tilson will start most games, with 3 of the other six making up a 4 across midfield.
This idea that Law is particularly attacking seems to be going against what other clubs fans say about him, and taylor can be pretty defensive. Not saying Tillson won't get game time, but really can't see him playing every game.

Avening Posse

Cannot recall it being this hard to pick a starting 11 for years, which is clearly great.

Pym
Oates - Sweeney - Martin - Moxey
Taylor - Boateng - Law -Holmes
Stockley - whoever is best of the new guys

There are loads of others who could be in the first team to be fair, and I suspect I am in a minority not having Brown in, but I rate Sweeney at CB and we have a RB now. It's going to be an interesting season, this getting up at 2am lark is a pain in the arse mind, at least it's only midnight for the start of the season

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
No-one fancies 4-3-3?

Pym
-
Sweeney/Oates
Brown
Martin
Moxey
-
Law
Boateng
Taylor
-
Martin
Stockley
Fonte

Fonte and Martin are both players who can play in a number of positions up front, out-wide, behind the striker... might suit?

manc grecian

Copycat Edwin. Get your own ideas.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Copycat Edwin. Get your own ideas.
Oh aye, didn't see that. Great minds.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym
Sweeney - Brown - Martin - Moxey
Martin - Boetang - Law - Holmes
Taylor
Stockley

Bench: Hamon, Woodman, Oates, Tillson, Forte, Abrahams, Sparkes

Steve Moran3

Can’t see Forte being a bench player if fully fit. Great attacking options - my only concern is the lack of pace defensively. Whilst Oates isn’t a slouch presume Sweeney will be first choice. Moxey looked like he’d slowed a bit last year and obviously Brown is out quite a bit. Aaron Martin is a massive unit. Only saw him in one psf so maybe not fully fit and I’m judging harshly but he looked like he won’t be the most mobile of players. Would be good to sign a proper quick defender I reckon.