• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
We drew them in the first round of the league cup two seasons running. It was in 91/92 we lost 1-0 at home and then lost 4-0 away. I think Eamo did play against us in those games but cannot remember if he scored or not. The following season we drew 0-0 at home and then unexpectedly won 4-1 away with Eamo notching a couple with John Hodge and Tom Kelly.

Edit. Checking Grecian Archive, it doesn't look like Eamo played in the league cup games but was sub in the 2-0 home defeat in the league game later that season at a snowy SJP and caused a bit trouble that ended up with police dogs being called for!
Lol - did I get any of that right! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mid Devon Grecian

Eamo played for us in that fixture, having joined us from Brum, scoring twice at St Andrews.
I was at that one. Remember parking the car in a really dodgy looking road, thankfully wasn’t on blocks when got back. Think Eamo might have got injured and went off at some point in that game.

Rosencrantz

Lol - did I get any of that right! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
There were quite a few right notes, but not necessarily in the right order 🙂

Oldsmobile-88

Edit. Checking Grecian Archive, it doesn't look like Eamo played in the league cup games but was sub in the 2-0 home defeat in the league game later that season at a snowy SJP and caused a bit trouble that ended up with police dogs being called for!
Tom Kelly was pelted with snowballs as he took a Penalty(Missed)

On one trip to St Andrews in those days, We made the mistake of going in the wrong pub. They swiftest pint ever quaffed, before a hasty exit.

Alistair20000

Why two set Stanno threads ?

Merger incoming ?

iscalad

Why two set Stanno threads ?

Merger incoming ?
I blame Sturtz. Lazy git...

Alistair20000

Yep he needs to look at himself in a mirror

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We drew them in the first round of the league cup two seasons running. It was in 91/92 we lost 1-0 at home and then lost 4-0 away. I think Eamo did play against us in those games but cannot remember if he scored or not. The following season we drew 0-0 at home and then unexpectedly won 4-1 away with Eamo notching a couple with John Hodge and Tom Kelly.

'Birmingham substitute Eamonn Dolan disgracefully and stupidly played a significant role in baiting some City supporters on the Big Bank and had to be forced off the pitch by a group of policemen.' 😮

I nearly hit John Gayle with a snowball. He was a big bugger. Glad it missed!

gilbertshoot

'Birmingham substitute Eamonn Dolan disgracefully and stupidly played a significant role in baiting some City supporters on the Big Bank and had to be forced off the pitch by a group of policemen.' 😮

I nearly hit John Gayle with a snowball. He was a big bugger. Glad it missed!
Was on the Big Bank when Eammo started baiting us at that end. I aimed a snowball at him and hit the corner flag. Some things never change 🙄

STURTZ

I accept full responsibility🤔