• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Disappointed!

Still nevermind so they stay up by a point, hadn't factored in them beating Hull. It was actually quite nice not being actively involved in end of season dramatics.
Don't remember playing Birmingham before!
During the seasons after we won Division .

Antony Moxey

Disappointed!

Still nevermind so they stay up by a point, hadn't factored in them beating Hull. It was actually quite nice not being actively involved in end of season dramatics.
Don't remember playing Birmingham before!
Are you suffering from some sort of memory loss? We’ve played Birmingham loads of times in the not too distant past. I remember us losing a league cup 1-0 at home to them - quite possibly Eamonn Dolan scoring for them - and beating them 4-1 at their place in the return fixture. Possibly with Terry Cooper in charge and ‘daddy’s boy’ Mark in midfield for them too?

STURTZ

I was living In London around then and missed a few games.

fred binneys head

Are you suffering from some sort of memory loss? We’ve played Birmingham loads of times in the not too distant past. I remember us losing a league cup 1-0 at home to them - quite possibly Eamonn Dolan scoring for them - and beating them 4-1 at their place in the return fixture. Possibly with Terry Cooper in charge and ‘daddy’s boy’ Mark in midfield for them too?
Eamo played for us in that fixture, having joined us from Brum, scoring twice at St Andrews.

Antony Moxey

Eamo played for us in that fixture, having joined us from Brum, scoring twice at St Andrews.
Ah cheers. He did play for them against us at some point though, didn’t he?

STURTZ

That would explain it, I lived in N London from 80 - 93, mainly went to away games in the SE when I wasn't visiting the westcountry.

I’m sure we played Birmingham in the League Cup in 98 or 99. Lost 3-0 I might be dreaming it mind you.

Rosencrantz

Ah cheers. He did play for them against us at some point though, didn’t he?
We drew them in the first round of the league cup two seasons running. It was in 91/92 we lost 1-0 at home and then lost 4-0 away. I think Eamo did play against us in those games but cannot remember if he scored or not. The following season we drew 0-0 at home and then unexpectedly won 4-1 away with Eamo notching a couple with John Hodge and Tom Kelly.

Edit. Checking Grecian Archive, it doesn't look like Eamo played in the league cup games but was sub in the 2-0 home defeat in the league game later that season at a snowy SJP and caused a bit trouble that ended up with police dogs being called for!

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

We drew them in the first round of the league cup two seasons running. It was in 91/92 we lost 1-0 at home and then lost 4-0 away. I think Eamo did play against us in those games but cannot remember if he scored or not. The following season we drew 0-0 at home and then unexpectedly won 4-1 away with Eamo notching a couple with John Hodge and Tom Kelly.

Edit. Checking Grecian Archive, it doesn't look like Eamo played in the league cup games but was sub in the 2-0 home defeat in the league game later that season at a snowy SJP and caused a bit trouble that ended up with police dogs being called for!
That should have been the season before in February 1991that Eamo got in trouble.

denzel

Nobody mentions the 2-1 win against TERRY COOPER'S BIRMINGHAM in 1992, with a Steve Moran brace?
Probably celebrated down the Steam Packet later