• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stadium Development

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder how many (if any!) of our ground redevelopment experts are going to this next week:-

http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=4573/title=the+future+of+football+stadia+to+be+discussed+at+soccerex

The session itself will be engaging with a variety of stadia's hottest topics including the impact technology has had on the industry, how stadiums can be revolutionised for maximum revenue generation and the introduction of a new wave of sustainable stadia.

Perhaps we could learn a thing or two rather than always play down to the lowest common denominator.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Once again Plymouth City Council have been good to Argyle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37470868

When oh when will we ever get Exeter City Council on our side? Haven't we got anyone who can negotiate a simple freehold buying transaction at our Club?

Terryhall

I'm sure this thread used to be a lot longer than this. Did all the old posts get deleted?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's a new thread.

Terryhall

(I forgot to click the irony filter on my post).

I was wondering what about these links really deserved a new thread rather than just continuing one of the many that already exist....

David Treharne

When oh when will we ever get Exeter City Council on our side? Haven't we got anyone who can negotiate a simple freehold buying transaction at our Club?
These aren't the right questions and don't address the issues that need to be fixed.
If you were the owner of the freehold of the Club ground - and given the history of the Club over the last 50 years (probably more) would you be prepared to settle the future of the ground with the part owners of the Club and a management who within the last three years have had to approach outside bodies to stabilise the finances of the Club? The ground is a valuable piece of real estate very near the City centre which forms a valuable part of the Council's property portfolio. Other cases don't make good comparisons for Exeter City. Get over the obsession with ground ownership and concentrate of the changes that need to be made in the way that the Club is run and administered as a priority.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
These aren't the right questions and don't address the issues that need to be fixed.
If you were the owner of the freehold of the Club ground - and given the history of the Club over the last 50 years (probably more) would you be prepared to settle the future of the ground with the part owners of the Club and a management who within the last three years have had to approach outside bodies to stabilise the finances of the Club? The ground is a valuable piece of real estate very near the City centre which forms a valuable part of the Council's property portfolio. Other cases don't make good comparisons for Exeter City. Get over the obsession with ground ownership and concentrate of the changes that need to be made in the way that the Club is run and administered as a priority.
Whose side are you on, Exeter City Council or Exeter City Football Club?

Local authorities have actually been encouraged to sell freehold assets in order to sustain council tax levels at reasonable rates.

You don't seem to realize that owning the freehold is the stable base which the Club would ultimately benefit from in a host of different ways.

Whose side are you on, Exeter City Council or Exeter City Football Club?

Local authorities have actually been encouraged to sell freehold assets in order to sustain council tax levels at reasonable rates.

You don't seem to realize that owning the freehold is the stable base which the Club would ultimately benefit from in a host of different ways.
Actually agree with DT here. There is a need for radical change in the way the club is run and administered as a matter of extreme urgency.

When you have 3 people who can set their own salaries , where there is no performance management system, so no accountability and run the Club as if they own it ( whilst taking money out rather than putting it in!), who refuse to talk about the core business of the club in meetings and peddle self serving 'spin' in the light of diabolical performance - is it only me who thinks the lunatics have taken over the asylum??

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Actually agree with DT here. There is a need for radical change in the way the club is run and administered as a matter of extreme urgency.

When you have 3 people who can set their own salaries , where there is no performance management system, so no accountability and run the Club as if they own it ( whilst taking money out rather than putting it in!), who refuse to talk about the core business of the club in meetings and peddle self serving 'spin' in the light of diabolical performance - is it only me who thinks the lunatics have taken over the asylum??
Part of me suspects you have a personal axe to grind.