• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad numbers

ryancooper327

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ajose No. 14. Surprised no notification from the club about Forte. Taggy said at the Senior Reds it would be bad news as far as the player was concerned.

ryancooper327

The website article states "Fans will notice that Jonathan Forte is not currently listed amongst the squad numbers. An update on this is expected shortly."

Red Devon

Feel sorry for Jono really hits home when you see a list of names and you’re not on it I’d imagine.

ryancooper327

I think I would have preferred Warren and Parkes to have 4 and 6 respectively. Nigel to have 16 and Tilly somewhere else, maybe his old 26 and Randall a higher number.

I prefer starting players to have lower numbers. I don't think Tilly will get many starts and Nigel won't be starting for a while.

Is Warren our first no. 16 since Oakley?

Anyway, if squad numbers are the only thing I can think of to moan about (bar the RB competition) then I think we're doing OK.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The website article states "Fans will notice that Jonathan Forte is not currently listed amongst the squad numbers. An update on this is expected shortly."
Probably still sorting out a severance package with him, which may be the cause of the delay.

exeter-loyal

Number 20 being saved for a loaned Kane Wilson maybe?

grecIAN Harris

Should be retired for life!
Why?

exeter-loyal

Why?

Due to the circumstances of what happened while he was our number 9.
Don't think it should be let out!!

Colesman Ballz

Why?

Due to the circumstances of what happened while he was our number 9.
Don't think it should be let out!!
Whilst the circumstances surrounding Stanno's death were tragic, and that he was a very talented player, it doesn't necessarily follow that the number 9 shirt should be retired in perpetuity. He now has a stand named in his honour and his legacy is assured. If we are to start retiring shirts permanently, it should be reserved for the true legends of the Club and for their feats on the pitch. In the case of the No 9 shirt there have been a number of excellent players down the years but only Tony Kellow really comes into this category.