• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Social media presence

robchave

Just like to flag up what a great job the club are doing with their social media presence in recent seasons. As an 'exile' now living abroad, I had expected that my interest in ECFC, through lack of regular contact, would have invariably wained over time. However, what with Ifollow, the club's excellent social media presence and, of course, Exeweb, I'm finding that my interest in all things ECFC is just as keen as ever!
Keep up the good work. CTID!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's just a shame that Kellow's seems to have died a death, but yes the internet presence is somewhat informative if not distracting (when trying to work)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed - top class effort across all the main four social media sites 👍

Legohead

Banned
Agreed - top class effort across all the main four social media sites 👍
Isn't one enough? How do people have the time or the brain capacity to keep tabs on four sites constantly? Isn't it just the same stuff but on four different platforms?

Agreed though. On the rare occasions I do access online sites for ECFC they are invariably invigorating, vibrant and informative. The official club website for example when I've compared it to some others is right up there with what we should be expecting.

Another reason how the club go the extra mile for us.

On that note I would like to see what Mansfield do on their club website and twitter is that they have a large gallery of photos of the fans taken in and around the ground before away games, some posing for the photos with their scarves etc, others just sat in their seats passing the time and just generally giving recognition to travelling fans and I think it shows that they are appreciated in a small way. I'd like the club do start doing that if possible.

Colesman Ballz

Isn't one enough? How do people have the time or the brain capacity to keep tabs on four sites constantly? Isn't it just the same stuff but on four different platforms?

Agreed though. On the rare occasions I do access online sites for ECFC they are invariably invigorating, vibrant and informative. The official club website for example when I've compared it to some others is right up there with what we should be expecting.

Another reason how the club go the extra mile for us.

On that note I would like to see what Mansfield do on their club website and twitter is that they have a large gallery of photos of the fans taken in and around the ground before away games, some posing for the photos with their scarves etc, others just sat in their seats passing the time and just generally giving recognition to travelling fans and I think it shows that they are appreciated in a small way. I'd like the club do start doing that if possible.
I think we do an excellent job for home matches with the 360 videos, they really show the sprit of what this club is about, but I take your point regarding away games. Given our splendid away support, perhaps those travelling could be encouraged to submit pictures or short videos to the Club for inclusion ?

Fareham Grecian

That is the whole point of course. People choose to use different media so the club needs a consistent presence on all the main channels. I use twitter but not fb for example and the club account is really good.

Avening Posse

Totally agree with this. I've been away for nearly 3 years but there is so much info out there now that it's easy to keep up with it all. Exeweb is my "go to" for what is going on, but do dip into other bits on FB and the like, and ifollow and 360 are great

Legohead

Banned
That is the whole point of course. People choose to use different media so the club needs a consistent presence on all the main channels. I use twitter but not fb for example and the club account is really good.
It's a fair point.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They do lots of stuff (the ECFC media team). I like the interviews they do with supporters, here's an interview with Elliot

exeter-loyal

Good watch, should be more kids out their locally doing the same. I.e supporting their local team rather than supporting the likes of your Liverpools and Man Citys etc. was good to hear that as part of his message, good lad.