• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season ticket question

GJW

If I bought 2 season tickets, one for myself and one for whoever I wanted to bring with me on a match by match basis, is that allowable or does each season ticket have to be by name? Does the named person have to attend? What if I wanted to bring my Son to some games but friends to others? If I couldn’t make a game could I let, for example, a friend take the seats?
So by buying a season ticket and, hence, a seat, do I decide who sits there on a match by match basis, as long as they have the relevant ticket for the game?

Matt Russell

If you bought an U18 season ticket as your spare, I suspect there would be issues if your grandmother tried to gain entry using it If your spare was an adult ticket you'd probably not have any problems. Have you thought of asking the Club?

Legohead

Banned
I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do what you are suggesting according to the stipulations of having a season ticket GJW although no doubt it happens at every game across the land every week. I would think you would have to specify a named person for the 2nd ticket but if he/she isn't able to attend then someone else you know could take their place. Nobody really has any way of checking. So long as the ticket is valid and paid for then i'd doubt anybody would bat an eyelid.

The only possible issue i could envisage is if the friend who uses the 2nd ticket when he's not the owner of it decides to act like a nutter one game and gets arrested or kicked out then the person originally named as the 2nd season ticket holder is to be held responsible for this i would have thought. An unlikely scenario however.

Matt makes a valid point about the age of the person using the 2nd ticket and also suggests asking the club which i think is the most sensible starting point. I personally don't think it's an issue so long as the ticket is paid for and the person using it isn't being a lunatic in the stadium or causing problems for other fans around them but best contact the club for clarification.

GJW

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do what you are suggesting according to the stipulations of having a season ticket GJW although no doubt it happens at every game across the land every week. I would think you would have to specify a named person for the 2nd ticket but if he/she isn't able to attend then someone else you know could take their place. Nobody really has any way of checking. So long as the ticket is valid and paid for then i'd doubt anybody would bat an eyelid.

The only possible issue i could envisage is if the friend who uses the 2nd ticket when he's not the owner of it decides to act like a nutter one game and gets arrested or kicked out then the person originally named as the 2nd season ticket holder is to be held responsible for this i would have thought. An unlikely scenario however.

Matt makes a valid point about the age of the person using the 2nd ticket and also suggests asking the club which i think is the most sensible starting point. I personally don't think it's an issue so long as the ticket is paid for and the person using it isn't being a lunatic in the stadium or causing problems for other fans around them but best contact the club for clarification.
I understand the age thing which is why I would buy two adult tickets which would cover the issue. A friend of mine runs a business in the London area and has 3 season tickets at Arsenal that he uses for clients. Some matches he attends with clients and others he does not attend and it goes to either friends or clients.
I will ask the club to confirm the next time I’m up for a game.