• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe Away

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter at Scunthorpe 1974, the game that was never played.
I posted the Express & Echo reports of the time on a fb group..If I can find them I will repost on here.

Oldsmobile-88

From the Times 6ECBD3C9-6354-41ED-93AC-736C18BBD341.jpeg

exeter150

^^^^
Points awarded to Scunthorpe, League table shows 45 games for Exeter/Scunthorpe, unlike last season when Bolton v. Brentford not played, awarded 1-0 to Brentford, included as such in the League table.

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
Points awarded to Scunthorpe, League table shows 45 games for Exeter/Scunthorpe, unlike last season when Bolton v. Brentford not played, awarded 1-0 to Brentford, included as such in the League table.
A unique mutiny until this season when Bolton unilaterally called off a game(interesting to see what punishment is dished out)

Alan Hardaker who was Football League Secretary at the time was not known for listening to reason.
Bob Lord(Burnley) was on the management committee & was equally intransigent.
The Grecians had no chance.

Oldsmobile-88

My favourite Scunthorpe game was the last League game at The Old Show Ground(87/88)..A poor record there but pi55ed on their fireworks that day.
A last minute equaliser(via a hand ball) to deny The Iron automatic promotion.
The locals were not happy at FT,to put it mildly:D

IndoMike

Scunthorpe last 4 results:

Bradford H Drew
Argyle A Drew
North'ton H Won 3-0
Newport A Lost 2-1

Wouldn't say they are in a bad way now after a poor start.

AL_Yates

Looking forward to this game and it will be a family first for Exeter Junior Grecian daughter, her first Northern away game on a midweek school night. As her effort at school has been fab, treating her with this Northern outpost. Safe travels tonight from Exeter it is a long one! Work commitments have been kind on this one for me. 3 travelling from the South Midlands area tonight at least.

denzel

There is method in their madness..Midweek fixtures appear to be compiled on the basis of their not being much away support even if the game was held on a Saturday.

With the emergence of ifollow,the awkward midweek fixtures are nullified to a certain extent.Don’t fancy a long drive ? Watch from the comfort of your home for a tenner in the knowledge that a proportion of the fee goes to your club.

I have not used ifollow yet,but the time of long midweek travelling is coming to a end for me soon.
Not a problem having a long trip midweek, cant see why they couldn't have sandwiched it between 2 home games so we wont be totally spent.

andrew p long

Not a problem having a long trip midweek, cant see why they couldn't have sandwiched it between 2 home games so we wont be totally spent.
What the fixture computer has come up with is perfect for Argyle. Us hampered by two long journeys in the week leading up to the Devon derby, whilst Argyle relax at home.

Red Devon

Got a match day pass on ifollow for this one.