• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've only visited Ross County and driven past the ICT ground. The A9 from Inverness to Thurso Olds, is it remote? Are there any services or anything as I think it would probably take about 2 hours or so even from Inverness. The ferry port to Orkney is at Scrabster but it all looks desolate and up there on the map and places like Thurso run down. Other half wants to go and visit the Castle of Mey which is where the Queen Mother grew up apparently and it's near Thurso. I abhor the Royals but hey ho it's somewhere new to visit. :p
Dunrobin Castle on the A9 is a very striking building and worth a visit. Once the residence of the notorious 1st Duke of Sutherland. Dornoch Cathedral is nearby.

Russell and Lewis are supposed to have tried to buy the castle, but it's probably just a rumour!

Legohead

Banned
Dunrobin Castle on the A9 is a very striking building and worth a visit. Once the residence of the notorious 1st Duke of Sutherland. Dornoch Cathedral is nearby.

Russell and Lewis are supposed to have tried to buy the castle, but it's probably just a rumour!
I've been to Dunrobin Castle and Dornoch Cathedral Greyhound. Madonna got married at Dornoch Cathedral or had a kid Christened there or something not long before we went. As for Dunrobin, that hunting room is a bit sickening but it's a spectacular place otherwise.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I often fail to read threads properly. :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try to avoid visiting Caithness during the "midge" season as well ! Should you be intending to camp, a tip is too take "Jay Cloths" with you, and cover any gauze air vents with them, otherwise during the course of the night literally thousands of the little beggars will crawl through and start feasting on you, not a very pleasant experience, which unfortunately I can vouch for through personal experience !
I'm sure quite a few potential tourists are put off by stories about this infamous pest.

Legohead

Banned
I often fail to read threads properly. :)
Better than not reading them at all. ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did they damage the pitch with a bit of rutting ?

Alistair20000

Did they damage the pitch with a bit of rutting ?
Ooh err missus :whistle:

Oldsmobile-88

Arbroath played local rivals Dundee at Gayfield for the first time in a league game since 1978 yesterday(1-1)
Arbroath have had a good season so far in Scottish footballs 2nd tier.
They did play in the top division in the early 1970s when there were only 2 divisions(2x18 iirc) in Scottish senior football.
Must have been fun when Rangers & Celtic rocked up at that small ground in the days of little crowd control & no ticketing.

Legohead

Banned
I'm sure I drove past Arbroath's ground once on the way back from a visit to Glamis Castle. I remember the area around it being rough. Really rough and it being next to the sea if I recall.