• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Someone told me in work earlier that Harley to MK Dons is a done deal just waiting for both clubs to agree a time and date for official announcement and confirmation.

It has been fairly common knowledge for a least 3 weeks that Harley is off to MK Dons but whether we get a small fee or not I don't know. Personally I thank Ryan Harley for some wonderful memories and service to the club but I won't be losing any sleep over him leaving at this stage of his career. It should free up some more budget MT to use to get in the players he wants which after looking at what he has done so far I am more than happy with. :)

Antony Moxey

It has been fairly common knowledge for a least 3 weeks that Harley is off to MK Dons.
No it hasn’t. There’s been a fair amount of guesswork based on absolutely nothing concrete but it’s been - and still isn’t - anything like common knowledge. Of course that’s not to say it won’t or might not happen, but by the same token there’s nothing to say he will sign for them either.

No it hasn’t. There’s been a fair amount of guesswork based on absolutely nothing concrete but it’s been - and still isn’t - anything like common knowledge. Of course that’s not to say it won’t or might not happen, but by the same token there’s nothing to say he will sign for them either.
I'm quite happy to have a bet for charity with you that it will happen......

dommers

Truly baffling that you don't think the lack of unity was down to the behaviour of the manager.
What's truly baffling is people seem intent on blaming one individual for the lack of unity. If it were that simple then everyone would now be united, which anyone spending 5 mins on here will see isn't the case.

Antony Moxey

I'm quite happy to have a bet for charity with you that it will happen......
You can bet all you like, but it isn’t ‘common knowledge’. It might be rumour, guesswork, just some old tosh that’s completely made up or it might be true, but we don’t know for certain as nothing official has been announced. Therefore it isn’t ‘common knowledge’, even if Matt Taylor himself has told you and no-one else.

You are aware of what ‘common knowledge’ means I take it?

You can bet all you like, but it isn’t ‘common knowledge’. It might be rumour, guesswork, just some old tosh that’s completely made up or it might be true, but we don’t know for certain as nothing official has been announced. Therefore it isn’t ‘common knowledge’, even if Matt Taylor himself has told you and no-one else.

You are aware of what ‘common knowledge’ means I take it?
Yes thank you Mr Moxey I am quite aware of what 'common knowledge' means, thankfully my education allowed me that. If you look back at my original post I did say it was 'fairly common knowledge' not that it was completely common knowledge although that is down to interpretation I guess on what you class 'fairly' as, but the facts are that there has been 7 pages on this forum alone discussing his 'move' to MK Dons without factoring in everyday conversations between fans in the street, at work, at football matches etc, etc as well as on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook from the ECFC side. Also factor in that there is significant discussions going on from the MK Dons side from all those same mediums then it probably is fair to say that it is fairly common knowledge that Ryan Harley is going to MK Dons although as you righty say it hasn't been officially confirmed yet.........

For reference as the fan ‘communities’ of both Exeter City FC and MK Dons are relatively small with respect to big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc I would hazard a guess that there are more people who actually follow news on these 2 club who are aware of the Ryan Harley to MK Dons news than aren’t aware of it, hence it being ‘fairly common knowledge.

Last edited:

elginCity

It has been fairly common knowledge for at least 3 weeks that Harley is rumoured to be off to MKD.

Ah, that's better. :)

Colesman Ballz

I wonder why the club invested in his new personalized training kit, if he is definitely off to the Dongs ? ;)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
if he is definitely off to the Dongs ?
Or, alternatively, there's always the lecture circuit.......................

http://www.cliftonhigh.bristol.sch.uk/Sports-Podium-talk-with-professional-footballer-Mr-Ryan-Harley