• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ronaldo at Juventus

Terryhall

I guess most won't much care but for those who do:

Will he be a success or a flop in Serie A?
Is he past it or does he still have years in the tank?
Will he become the 2nd person to win the Champions League with 3 different teams? (pop quiz, name the other one?)
Will he break the goalscoring records for a season at Juventus (35) or for Serie A (36?)

These questions and more will find answers as this thread develops. Probably with only one poster, and probably then only very infrequently.

mustangspeed2006

If he can stay injury-free, I certainly think CR7 has a few more years in him. With the players around him and considering some of the dross at the bottom of the Italian top flight, those goalscoring records will also be threatened. Some may even argue that he has moved onto a club with a better chance of winning the Champions League this season. Let's see!

P.S. I'm pretty sure the other player with CL gongs for three different clubs is the vastly-underrated Clarence Seedorf?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
It'll all depend on how well CR and particularly his family settle in Italy, and although not fluent in Italian as he is in Portuguese/Spanish/English, it shouldn't be a problem for him personally. He's still hungry and loves breaking records, has always looked after himself physically, so there's every chance he'll go on to have a couple of successful years with Juve.

Stelios

He's still brilliant. I do wonder how 'natural' his physique/fitness is though.

Terryhall

If he can stay injury-free, I certainly think CR7 has a few more years in him. With the players around him and considering some of the dross at the bottom of the Italian top flight, those goalscoring records will also be threatened. Some may even argue that he has moved onto a club with a better chance of winning the Champions League this season. Let's see!

P.S. I'm pretty sure the other player with CL gongs for three different clubs is the vastly-underrated Clarence Seedorf?
Seedorf is correct! Agree that fitness will be telling, but he's known for working hard to be the best he can be... whether that will gave to change as he gets older...?

First game today against Chievo, could give an indication of how he's settling in..?

Terryhall

Off the mark for Juve with 2 goals at the weekend... not quite the riproaring start he might have wanted but perhaps this will open the floodgates. We'll find out against Valencia tonight...

DB9

Off the mark for Juve with 2 goals at the weekend... not quite the riproaring start he might have wanted but perhaps this will open the floodgates. We'll find out against Valencia tonight...
Just been sent off for an off the ball incident

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Softest red you’ll ever see mind

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Because he hasn't got form for getting people sent off for the slightest touch !

About time the winker has a taste of it, cant stand the bloke.

mustangspeed2006

Allegations in his personal life aside, Ronaldo seems to have settled in nicely at Juve — The Old Lady already boasts a six-point lead at the top of the Serie A!

The team to avoid in the CL knockout stage, I would think.