• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Keith Harvey

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks Hants. Good to listen to Graham. I note that the info on Derek Grace stops in '08.
The Grecian Archive people are always looking for updates on people, so if anyone knows about any of our former players then lease let them know.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I only ever remember him missing one penalty by hitting the right post against Northampton. He always took penalties the same way, a right side footed shot which invariably sent any keeper the wrong way (no TV cameras in those days to spoil his run of success!).
Keith missed one and scored one penalty against Mansfield at SJP Sept 5th 1964 Adrian. Former Leeds keeper Alan Humphreys had Keiths 'side foot' sussed for the first one and went the right way. KH had another chance a minute from time and scored; unfortunately too late to prevent a 2-3 defeat. (att: 8,357)

Kingsman

Keith was one of the nicest men you could wish to meet. Apart from playing for City I can remember him training Sandford one or two nights a week when they were, if I remember rightly, in the Old Devon and Exeter Premier league. R.I.P.

IndoMike

Keith missed one and scored one penalty against Mansfield at SJP Sept 5th 1964 Adrian. Former Leeds keeper Alan Humphreys had Keiths 'side foot' sussed for the first one and went the right way. KH had another chance a minute from time and scored; unfortunately too late to prevent a 2-3 defeat. (att: 8,357)
I was there

PeteUSA

I was there
You remember that penalty sequence Mike? Keith stuck his tongue out at the prostrate Humphreys on the second; Cold comfort though, the referee signalled full time almost immediately.

IndoMike

You remember that penalty sequence Mike? Keith stuck his tongue out at the prostrate Humphreys on the second; Cold comfort though, the referee signalled full time almost immediately.
I actually wondered if Keith had missed both penalties (?!) then realized he only missed the one. I don't remember the details but I know I was very disappointed and that we were up against it in the match. After beating Peterborough 4-2 at home it was a reminder that the old Div 3 would not be a walk in the park.

elginCity

Hardly appropriate. Have some respect.
Inappropriate perhaps, given the general tone of this thread, but it wasn’t the intention to be disrespectful to a City stalwart, far from it. Remember watching an uncompromising Keith Harvey play, City through and through. RIP Keith.

budegrecian

My first season watching City was his last as a player, so I only have some vague memories of him. But clearly he is very worthy of the 'legend' tag.
RIP Keith.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sad news indeed.

PeteUSA

Not unlike Cliff Bastin, Keith became seriously deaf in later life; attributed to him headering the ball!