• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Revision to infraction points and ban rules perhaps?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Okay honorable mods: Any developements on rehashing the ban rule as I politely suggested? A whole season ban perhaps? The rules haven't been viewable for a while. Now they're back and I'm looking for any changes. Is the bit about the mods agreeing unanimously about a members third ban a new feature?

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Relax the rules, a 1 year ban is plenty. This is exeweb not the House of Lords.

PeteUSA

Have the ban rules been ammended? Are we all starting with a clean sheet this season?

IndoMike

Have the ban rules been ammended? Are we all starting with a clean sheet this season?
This matter will be reviewed by the Exeweb' Disciplinary Committee.at the end of December 2019. Tea and biscuits (Tesco's) will be available on request.
PS. Rif raf not invited.

iscalad

This matter will be reviewed by the Exeweb' Disciplinary Committee.at the end of December 2019. Tea and biscuits (Tesco's) will be available on request.
PS. Rif raf not invited.
Why no rifraf? What's he done not to be invited?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One other tool that moderators have, is to ban users from replying to a particular thread. They can still see it, but will be unable to post on that thread.

IndoMike

One other tool that moderators have, is to ban users from replying to a particular thread. They can still see it, but will be unable to post on that thread.
Brutal .........

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Brutal .........
Is it? Could be a good compromise on someone who is being a nuisance on a thread but possibly not worth issuing a warning or a ban. They can he time limited as well.

IndoMike

Is it? Could be a good compromise on someone who is being a nuisance on a thread but possibly not worth issuing a warning or a ban. They can he time limited as well.
I was just playing around, Hants..
My opinion for what it's worth is that banning must be a majority decision from the mods and that it should be open and transparent,.i.e. an announcement is made with the explanation why a poster has been banned. If a poster suddenly disappears without apparent reason we are left to speculate.
The current political situation is very divisive and this is reflected in the politics thread. I'm sure many of us have got a bit too heated at times and for that thread I propose that posters who get too personal or carried away should be sanctioned with a one-week sin- bin without infraction points. Any further infraction should get infraction points
Obviously racist, homophobic or threatening posts should be dealt with without mercy.

Temporarily Exiled

Obviously racist, homophobic or threatening posts should be dealt with without mercy.
Controversial.