• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained list / squad for 2017/2018

Exe on Valdez

Would have liked to see Woodman and James go as well.
Maybe we have a manager who can teach James to get a few more tackles in. He is going to have to add something to his performances.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Taylor was to say to James that he wasn't in his plans for the coming season then could we just release him and another club sign him for nothing if all parties concerned were happy?

godisagrecian

If Taylor was to say to James that he wasn't in his plans for the coming season then could we just release him and another club sign him for nothing if all parties concerned were happy?
Wouldn't need to release him if another club offered to take him for free. Ending his contract would cost £££. Would be glad to see the back of him though; can't see it happening.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't need to release him if another club offered to take him for free. Ending his contract would cost £££. Would be glad to see the back of him though; can't see it happening.
Its possible as I'm sure James wants to play first team football and if he knows he's not going to get that here he may seek employment elsewhere for the sake of his career.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Brunt, Macca, Simpson all leaving that should free up wages for 2 decent attacking players

Exe on Valdez

Its possible as I'm sure James wants to play first team football and if he knows he's not going to get that here he may seek employment elsewhere for the sake of his career.
Surely that kind of reverse tapping up would be a breach of his contract. Not that I have any idea what is in his contract, but you would think that there is some way of preventing players looking for another club while at City. I mean you wouldn‘t want Stockley doing it, for instance.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
So from the retained list we have Two goal keepers, One right back/centre half, two (ageing) left backs, four centre backs two defensive midfielders and three attacking midfielders and two strikers with 9 youth products to challenge for places. I see we need at least five permanent signings and possibly a couple on loan

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely that kind of reverse tapping up would be a breach of his contract. Not that I have any idea what is in his contract, but you would think that there is some way of preventing players looking for another club while at City. I mean you wouldn‘t want Stockley doing it, for instance.
I don't think its 'tapping up' just more of a mutual agreement between both parties

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see anything wrong with that. Hopefully Matt can improve James. Anyone think he could make a right back? Woodman i'd say was a 50-50. Good to see the rest have not asked for transfers. Defense more or less sorted. Just need some creativity and speed in midfield, a pal for Stockley, and maybe a winger who can play on either wing. Altogether another wise decision by Taylor.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Woodland contract situation is a farce as well. Mosey first choice lb then a younger back up would be better.