• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion MK Dons Display

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
While there are aspects of what has gone on over the years with the RL that I have been very critical about, this most certainly isn't one of them - well done to all involved and I hope it's a massive success. If I were at the match tomorrow I'd certainly be holding up my foil.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see any problem with this and anything to make the atmosphere better should be appreciated :hardly a huge effort for a fan to hold up a sheet for a minute. Don't be put off by City's prawn sandwich brigade...

Benguin

My daughter who has learning difficulties contributed to a planned display with her pocket money.
Unfortunately the display, which was due at the game she was attending, had the display cancelled so efforts could be focused on a much bigger cup game which was coming up.

The Red Legion sent her a scarf in the post with a note, as a way to make up for missing the display.

She was overjoyed and it has helped her become an even more committed supporter.

Tomorrow she will be excited to take part and while it may not be for us older more cynical supporters, their efforts have definitely improved the atmosphere at games and encouraged youngsters to attend.

Please bear this in mind before being too critical of the Red Legion.

manc grecian

My daughter who has learning difficulties contributed to a planned display with her pocket money.
Unfortunately the display, which was due at the game she was attending, had the display cancelled so efforts could be focused on a much bigger cup game which was coming up.

The Red Legion sent her a scarf in the post with a note, as a way to make up for missing the display.

She was overjoyed and it has helped her become an even more committed supporter.

Tomorrow she will be excited to take part and while it may not be for us older more cynical supporters, their efforts have definitely improved the atmosphere at games and encouraged youngsters to attend.

Ace that. Hope your daughter has a great day tomorrow and well done to the RL

Stelios

Fine words indeed Benguin (y)

Hope she has a great day tomorrow [G]

(Sorry for being a cynical/miserable ol' bar steward)

CraigECFC

Glad she liked the scarf sent and even more glad she is able to participate tomorrow. We appreciate yours and your daughters continued support. Enjoy the day tomorrow! (y)

Grecian Max

Thanks Benguin.

We've taken pelters since the beginning so its nothing new :)

I'm currently on a rammed train on my laptop sorting some last minute changes to the seating plan for the cards... we do it because we love the club nothing else. I appreciate there's been things people have disagreed with other the years - some think we shouldn't even exist - but I'm glad I'm part of it because we've seen some great scenes on the BB since formation.

Ultimately all we ask is for you to hold a piece of paper up for a minute or so as they players run out, the more people do it the better the effect.

As an aside I don't tend to post on here too much about RL anymore as I know I personally have some divisive viewpoints and I don't want it to muddy what they do. Rest assured the rest of RL are better men than me!

benjisheps

Thanks Benguin.

We've taken pelters since the beginning so its nothing new :)

I'm currently on a rammed train on my laptop sorting some last minute changes to the seating plan for the cards... we do it because we love the club nothing else. I appreciate there's been things people have disagreed with other the years - some think we shouldn't even exist - but I'm glad I'm part of it because we've seen some great scenes on the BB since formation.

Ultimately all we ask is for you to hold a piece of paper up for a minute or so as they players run out, the more people do it the better the effect.

As an aside I don't tend to post on here too much about RL anymore as I know I personally have some divisive viewpoints and I don't want it to muddy what they do. Rest assured the rest of RL are better men than me!
The post from Benguin should be able to show all of us and the RL the positive affect they are able to have and great touch sending the scarf and note. For me this is what makes our club different. Living in the States now I won't be at the game and have to work tomorrow morning (US time) but will look forward to watching it back on I-Follow and seeing the display. My Dad is still a season ticket holder so I'll also get the run down from him post game.

I know for a fact the players love the Big Bank when it's rocking and I hope that is the case tomorrow. Like many, my only hope is that everyone channels their voices and support into focusing on the team and Matty Taylor for 90 minutes! We have a chance to show MK what a real club looks like and I'm sure the RL and everyone within St James Park will not disappoint.

It's days like tomorrow that make me proud to be an Exeter fan and I hope everyone regardless of their opinions on the former manager unite, come together and create a cauldron of noise and positivity for the boys.....Come you Reds!!!

fred binneys head

The Legion rock, literally and metaphorically.

100milesaway

That’s a nice post and I hope she has a great day tomorrow.