• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its happened to some of the biggest groups in the world. If you really think you know more about the ultra scene than us, then thats cool Ian, you’re already an expert in what makes a striker because you played for Dog & Duck XI in the 80s, so why not.
If you read the first post I put Max then you would have quite read that I know nothing of this code that you refer to. I just merely said that I couldn't see the two groups I highlighted folding over something that appears so minimal and, let's be honest, very replaceable (that's a personal opinion not a statement of fact, before you start going all righteous about it). If I'm wrong then so be it but I find it a bit soft in the head. If somebody nicked you're car you wouldn't say you're not going to drive again. You'd do what you have to do to get you're car back and if you couldn't you'd get a replacement and keep driving. People have lost a lot more in far worse circumstances but still dug in and carried on.
Oh, and BTW, I'm not quite old enough to have been playing in the 80's.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
If you read the first post I put Max then you would have quite read that I know nothing of this code that you refer to. I just merely said that I couldn't see the two groups I highlighted folding over something that appears so minimal and, let's be honest, very replaceable. If I'm wrong then so be it but I find it a bit soft in the head. If somebody nicked you're car you wouldn't say you're not going to drive again. You'd do what you have to do to get you're car back and if you couldn't you'd get a replacement and keep driving. People have lost a lot more in far worse circumstances but still dug in and carried on.
The point you are missing is that this is a rule of the code that needs to be adhered to. There isn't a rule that says if someone nicks your car you can't drive anymore therefore you get another car and drive. There IS a rule that says if some scallies break into your football ground and nick your main banner then you have to fold and that's the point. Whether we cannot comprehend this or feel it's a bit daft isn't the point. The point is that it's their rule and they stick to it. It's not a question of chucking in the towel.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see on twitter they are auctioning the flag and currently a Plymouth fan is the highest bidder.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you read the first post I put Max then you would have quite read that I know nothing of this code that you refer to. I just merely said that I couldn't see the two groups I highlighted folding over something that appears so minimal and, let's be honest, very replaceable (that's a personal opinion not a statement of fact, before you start going all righteous about it). If I'm wrong then so be it but I find it a bit soft in the head. If somebody nicked you're car you wouldn't say you're not going to drive again. You'd do what you have to do to get you're car back and if you couldn't you'd get a replacement and keep driving. People have lost a lot more in far worse circumstances but still dug in and carried on.
Yeah, some scoundrel nicked my dinner money once when I was at school.
In hindsight I should also have thrown a millennial tantrum and quit school.

Legohead

Banned
I see on twitter they are auctioning the flag and currently a Plymouth fan is the highest bidder.
Jesus. What a bunch of nobodies. They need to get out more. Expand their horizons a bit.

grecIAN Harris

The point you are missing is that this is a rule of the code that needs to be adhered to. There isn't a rule that says if someone nicks your car you can't drive anymore therefore you get another car and drive. There IS a rule that says if some scallies break into your football ground and nick your main banner then you have to fold and that's the point. Whether we cannot comprehend this or feel it's a bit daft isn't the point. The point is that it's their rule and they stick to it. It's not a question of chucking in the towel.
Like I said, it's a bit soft in the head. Far worse things are happening in the world and people are digging in and carrying on.

LOG

Christ, if I’d known it was this easy to shut them up I’d have nicked the flag years ago. Max, you need to change your username to Grecian Ronin.

I’m joking before anyone kicks off.

IndoMike

Or Athena in all of her diaphonous white stilettoed glory?
Calm down, G2K. ...

Grecian Max

Let’s put this more simply: can you imagine having another RL banner up now that’s likely to get burnt or whatever online or worse taken by Argyle fans to the Devon derby as seems likely? The name is dead.

You talk about digging in and carrying on, I’m not being funny mate but I was doing the siege stuff almost 10 years ago, I and then rest of the lads have done plenty of digging in and carrying on through negativity, setbacks, etc etc. The banner is sacrosanct, without it the group has no credibility. Those involved in the scene from other clubs have commended that we’ve stuck to that - if you’re not part of it you’ll think it’s ridiculous, I get that. But RL was more successful than similar groups at many other clubs because we went about it with the right mentality for it.

HarryECFC

I've been off exeweb for a number of years, absolutely gutting to see this happen considering how much I'm aware people have put into it. Unfortunately thats the way it goes.