• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Re-fund on season tickets?

FAN-TATIC

We are not going to make it Jay. Who makes it instead of us will for me be of no consequence, because they would have deserved it and we did not.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which then means we have to watch out for them as well. Do you wanna be going into the Chesterfield game knowing they can get us as well. If it was just one rival we'd be okay but there's 3 or 4.
I was not commenting on what I want Jay but FWIW I would like the The Gas to take a point off Bradford as the latter are a bigger threat to us IMO. I think The Gas have started to make their charge too late (should have changed manager a bit quicker *-)) but I am seriously temped to back them for a play off place. They have a nice easy game to finish on, which could involve them relegating our Gull friends.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

I was not commenting on what I want Jay but FWIW I would like the The Gas to take a point off Bradford as the latter are a bigger threat to us IMO. I think The Gas have started to make their charge too late (should have changed manager a bit quicker *-)) but I am seriously temped to back them for a play off place. They have a nice easy game to finish on which could involve them relegating our Gull friends.
Yeah I know you were and I tend to agree. Shows what a change in manager can do. I think for the 3rd summer in a row I'll back The Gas for promotion!

Alistair20000

Yeah I know you were and I tend to agree. Shows what a change in manager can do. I think for the 3rd summer in a row I'll back The Gas for promotion!
Formidable candidates next season in all probability if they miss the boat this time. Curo to be a squad player ? :D

grecIAN Harris

Spin it however you want Grase, it's the final league position that counts and we're sliding down fast.
I'm not spinning anything. What I said is fact and what you said is pure guesswork. Our own current form will dictate where we finish more than Rotherham v Bradford. If (a big if on current form) we beat Rotherham on Tuesday it's Rotherham who are worrying about their position on the back of that game. If Rotherham win we're back to the status quo as it stands now.

Phil Sayers

There is nothing wrong with direct football however you need to have a team that is suited to it.
Agreed. Personally I prefer to watch football on the deck but a direct style can often be very effective. However Tisdale signed a squad to play passing football and be dangerous on the counter. As a result they are abject at long ball (although they may get slightly better as they are certainly getting plenty of practice!) and most of the players wholly unsuited to it.

I do wonder though whether this is simply him thinking that with the likes of Oakley out he can't field enough quality to successfully play a neat game - if so he might be right but I doubt that trying it will end up worse than what we have seen recently.

FAN-TATIC

Agreed. Personally I prefer to watch football on the deck but a direct style can often be very effective. However Tisdale signed a squad to play passing football and be dangerous on the counter. As a result they are abject at long ball (although they may get slightly better as they are certainly getting plenty of practice!) and most of the players wholly unsuited to it.

I do wonder though whether this is simply him thinking that with the likes of Oakley out he can't field enough quality to successfully play a neat game - if so he might be right but I doubt that trying it will end up worse than what we have seen recently.
The long ball on occasions can be very productive. Witness, Jones to Logie who heads it down for Harley..... goooooal! City 2 Huddersfield 1. Yeah proppppper!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not bothered about us playing long ball if we have forwards who do well with that kind of delivery. It is all about efforts on target IMO. With a lot of league two defences if you just get the ball frequently in and around their box then chances can be created off the back of that.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Long ball is generally gash. There is a reason you don't see this strategy played at higher levels so much. It's because it's cr#p.

Pinhoe Red x1

A fools game, season tickets that is