• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rate where we are as a club

How would you rate where we are as a club?

• A - Excellent

• B - Good

• C - Satisfactory

• D - Poor

• E - Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I started going in the very late 70's. We may not be higher up the ladder, but we still have a team, and one that's much better than a lot of the dross I've seen in the meantime. Godfrey,Cooper and 'Tis gave some real highlights, but off the pitch the the club has come on leaps and bounds. The youth set up is a thing of pride, as are the ground improvements. Looking good overall. My only concern is we've generated a lot of cash through the youth policy, and have a big expensive squad now, and hope to see returns in terms of progression in the pyramid. That's not a dig at Taylor, I like him, but it would be a real shame if the cash generated to provide a strengthened squad fails.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Easily in the top 4? Yet our budget, I believe, is only the 13th highest in the league.
I believe you are wide of the mark.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
You have just answered as a staff member why the majority of city fans don’t use exeweb. I hope hants will remove you as your bitter attacks ruin exeweb.
But Danny, you chuck stuff around, and never answer. Out you? You outted yourself by calling yourself "Olivia's dad" in your first Exeweb life.

Did Jose Maria Marin put you in touch with Nike yet?

Fruit cake.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spanky, I'm going to have to ban you soon son, keep on topic chum.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Spanky, I'm going to have to ban you soon son, keep on topic chum.
Consider me reprimanded. :LOL:

Ashford Grecian

Good I would say - top 10 in league two / lower half of league one is where I expect us to be for the majority of the time. We have a team to watch each week and are financially sound. In a far healthier state than many clubs...

Boyo

Good I would say - top 10 in league two / lower half of league one is where I expect us to be for the majority of the time. We have a team to watch each week and are financially sound. In a far healthier state than many clubs...
We are currently financially sound, in that we don't have any debt. Our current playing budget is massively unsustainable however. That's accounted for until summer 2021 as we have cash in the bank. Beyond that, if we are back to our baseline budget, then we need to trim the playing squad massively.

We have a number of additional windfalls in the pipeline, but at some point we will go 4 or 5 seasons without any extra income.The fear is that when that happens we drop put of the league again. The real question therefore is how we can generate additional income, consistently, that adds to our baseline playing budget.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
but at some point we will go 4 or 5 seasons without any extra income.
What are you basing this assumption on ?

4 or 5 seasons is a very long time, a period in which I predict we would make money on either player sales, sell on fees from previous player sales or money from cup gate receipts.

Legohead

Banned
I voted excellent. We are consistently challenging for promotion each season whilst developing and blooding youngsters, selling our better players and spending frugally generally speaking on signings. With that in mind the club are over achieving.

Spending money isn't a guarantee of success so IMO all we can do is carry on what we are doing on the pitch, improving things off it and remaining financially secure and the envy of a lot of lower league fans across the land.

Eventually we will get promoted and it will have been fully deserved.

Legohead

Banned
I don't buy this dropping out of the league stuff. Morecambe get barely 2000 fans, spend nothing and whilst they are always battling relegation they haven't succumbed yet. Having no money for players doesn't necessarily mean relegation.