• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not only Forest.....
Shame that they are re-writing geography. We are not Brighton, Southampton or Bournemouth FFS, this is bleddy Devonshire !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Williams is contracted until the summer of 2021, I very much doubt he has a release clause however if we do sell him Watford will be due a sell on.

Anyway players get linked with clubs all the time, most the time it is complete and utter b()(($h1t.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The sell on fee for Watford is 50%. They were reluctant to let him go and it was the only way we could sign him.

elginCity

.............Anyway players get linked with clubs all the time, most the time it is complete and utter b()(($h1t................
Agents often being the 'source'.

Colesman Ballz

Williams is contracted until the summer of 2021, I very much doubt he has a release clause however if we do sell him Watford will be due a sell on.

Anyway players get linked with clubs all the time, most the time it is complete and utter b()(($h1t.
See post #66. Do keep up old chap, perhaps you could then tell us something new ?

Spoonz Red E

Do clubs get a list of all attending scouts? I think premier league clubs do, and teams in Europe. Would be interesting to see the amount, and calibre, of teams scouting at SJP.
Scouts coming to SJP apply for a pass so we are normally aware of who's watching.

Jam Doughnut

Scouts coming to SJP apply for a pass so we are normally aware of who's watching.
Do they have to pay to get in? if not i might become a scout myself

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If I was a scout for a Championship or top L1 club I'd come away with a report which said "The lad Williams is worth keeping tabs on, though he needs a few more games to develop his positional sense and final ball. But the young left back Sparkes is someone we should pursue as soon as the window opens in January, he has developed astonishingly since last season."

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
See post #66. Do keep up old chap, perhaps you could then tell us something new ?
Yes, fair play, you are quite right, I obviously skimmed through the posts too quickly.

IndoMike

If I was a scout for a Championship or top L1 club I'd come away with a report which said "The lad Williams is worth keeping tabs on, though he needs a few more games to develop his positional sense and final ball. But the young left back Sparkes is someone we should pursue as soon as the window opens in January, he has developed astonishingly since last season."
I was thinking the same. Scouts have eyes and can see other players, too. Wouldn't be surprised if Sparkes was the real target : what's not to like about him?