• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was thinking more of the ageing gimps signed by the previous manager. :) Cannot recall his name.
Hey that's my line :p

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strange how the memory may play tricks. What about earlier signings ?
Don't remember age being an issue, apart from Oakley playing 5yrs too many and Clinton Morrison signing.

The problem was some only had one leg, some were signed because of their proper chapness and some were signed because he already knew them from when they were good.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very good montage of him on the club’s YouTube channel some spectacular action there.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks a really promising player and a very positive move by MT

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't remember age being an issue, apart from Oakley playing 5yrs too many and Clinton Morrison signing.

The problem was some only had one leg, some were signed because of their proper chapness and some were signed because he already knew them from when they were good.
Agreed. Age can be (up to a point) just a number, as Kevin Ellison exemplifies (though interestingly I thought we marginalised him better than ever before last week).

It's fitness and pace that are the main issues for me. The new recruits seem to offer the pace and penetration we have been most missing recently, and which MT had clearly identified.

Stelios

Tremendous signing (y) I am officially excited.

You just know a few of the old moaners in the stands are going to be calling him a 'tart' though :x

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having played under Ainsworth, he’s going to need extra Proper Chap classes before he reaches ECFC standards.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strange how the memory may play tricks. What about earlier signings ?
The year with Marcus stewart in it has an average of 3 digits 😳

Stelios

He seems a good player got no problem with the clause, but expect this place will go into meltdown
If he’s sold in a few years time ,stating why did we agree to that blah blah blah
Haha yes. Bookmark that post because it will happen. If it's a toss up between signing a quality player with a release clause and a whopping selling on fee and not having him at all I will gladly accept it. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.............

This will probably become the norm with higher league academies hoovering up talent but not providing a pathway to them so they'll have to drop down the leagues to play. Actually, there's nothing new in that. But it just feels like it's becoming harder and harder for Prem academy players to break through so we can expect the release clauses and sell on fees to shaft the lower league clubs more and more.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me he seems a bit lightweight and a bit disinterested. Clearly has a touch and moments of great skill but has little influence on the game and appears to lack a winners desire.

Bit of a luxury for my liking.