• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question of the Day

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ahem. Well, I was also going to suggest that a gentleman should always carry a dessert fork - neatly wrapped in a napkin - about his person. Likewise, a lady should keep the same in her handbag. One never knows when one might chance upon a quality cheesecake ...
It's this kind of attitude towards cheesecake which restores my faith in humankind [y]

Alistair20000

Cheesecake: very considerably over rated as far as this particular aficionado of great dessets is concerned.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
We're not talking about the cheap imitations, Al. We're talking quality cheesecake. Like this ... (Note the correct forkage)
cheesecake.jpg

Alistair20000

We're not talking about the cheap imitations, Al. We're talking quality cheesecake. Like this ... (Note the correct forkage)
View attachment 311
I need to see the ingredients and method of cuisine.

StroudGrecian

Jesus Christ Mick, get a life.

There are children starving in Africa.

fred binneys head

Cheesecake: very considerably over rated as far as this particular aficionado of great dessets is concerned.
This comment proves you are no aficionado Al - never refer to yourself as one again. I'm not even going to comment on your spelling of desserts as that would be unkind.

fred binneys head

View attachment 311
Topping looks great but isn't the crust a little thin Rae?

Alistair20000

This comment proves you are no aficionado Al - never refer to yourself as one again. I'm not even going to comment on your spelling of desserts as that would be unkind.
Morning Frodo. The average cheesecake tastes of nothing and I have sophisticated tastes. The average cheesecake does not deserve to be described as a dessert and after a day working in Britain's Ocean City spelling can be a challenge.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
No question about it, you should use a fork (a normal one, not a garden fork).
What about if you are eating cheesecake in the garden, though?

Or perhaps in a polytunnel?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dare I suggest that if said cheesecake was served with a compote of some description one might have to resort to the fork/spoon combo (not a spork, of course)?