• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question of the Day

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going to lose my temper soon.

A compote, i can just about forgive. But cream? Do me a favour.
You need to open yourself to the cheesecake and cream.

You can't be careless though and drown it in cream. Just a drizzle would normally be suffice.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Look, i don't really like cream so stop trying to force feed it to me.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Don't think bad of me, Sidey, but i'm not really a fan of clotted cream. I like pasties a lot though, which kind of makes up for this, in my own mind anyway.
Pasty and clotted cream - yes.

Together - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Look, i don't really like cream so stop trying to force feed it to me.
If you don't like it that's fair enough, but to say it shouldn't be served with cheesecake is a big statement. What you mean is it shouldn't be served with 'your' cheesecake

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm with Mr LOG on this one. A cheesecake should be rich enough and confident enough to make a solid culinary statement without the need for further adornments or props.

StroudGrecian

Typical Mick.

Drops an explosive subject like this into exeweb, then does one.

fred binneys head

If you don't like it that's fair enough, but to say it shouldn't be served with cheesecake is a big statement. What you mean is it shouldn't be served with 'your' cheesecake
No. LOG is correct in everything he says on the subject of cheesecake. To put cream on it would be like pouring a packet of crisps over a pint of chips. I suggest you go and fetch Al20000 and close the door on your way out. Joke.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. LOG is correct in everything he says on the subject of cheesecake. To put cream on it would be like pouring a packet of crisps over a pint of chips. I suggest you go and fetch Al20000 and close the door on your way out. Joke.
Certain cheesecakes require cream. A traditional twice baked cheesecake would be fine without cream. The mahoosive homemade cheesecakes they sale at one of the local eateries I go to occasionally, need a drizzle of cream but only on certain varieties. I stand by my values.

PS. What's Al2K done?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... I stand by my values.
See, that's the problem. Value cheesecake is a misnomer. It needs to be stood on.

LOG

I suggest you go and fetch Al20000 and close the door on your way out. Joke.
I read that 3 three times thinking to myself, wouldn't it be the other way around, before realising that you'd said fetch.