• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Quarter Finals

muppetdodger

Who do we want in the next round of the Under 21 cup? Draw takes place later today with the following teams in the hat:

Exeter
Chelsea
Newcastle
Burnley
Man City
Wolves
Reading or Watford
Fulham or Arsenal

Quite fancy Newcastle at the real St James Park!

grecianfaniow

why don't we just make this team the first team????

paperclip

My guess is the big Premiership teams won't play their U21 games at their 'proper' stadium, so I think a home tie would be much preferable. I hope it's Arsenal personally, no idea why!

milts

why don't we just make this team the first team????
And this teams manager the new manager?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is the big Premiership teams won't play their U21 games at their 'proper' stadium, so I think a home tie would be much preferable. I hope it's Arsenal personally, no idea why!
I know Chelsea have played their U21 Cup games at Aldershot.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why not indeed , two or three seasoned pros with them and they couldn't do any worse than the current crop. Provided they're told to go out and attack the opposition from the off ( especially at home ) instead of just sitting back until we're behind , Tisdale please note.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Chelsea have played their U21 Cup games at Aldershot.
This is so, http://www.chelseafc.com/under21s-article/article/3607146

Though I had thought these games HAD to be played at the Club's main stadium.

As regards the game, a home fixture again!

Anyone but Burnley should produce a gate of around 1,000 - unless Wolfie gets greedy and puts up the prices again...

milts

Why not indeed , two or three seasoned pros with them and they couldn't do any worse than the current crop. Provided they're told to go out and attack the opposition from the off ( especially at home ) instead of just sitting back until we're behind , Tisdale please note.
Hence why with the current manager I don't believe they would be a success.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
This is so, http://www.chelseafc.com/under21s-article/article/3607146

Though I had thought these games HAD to be played at the Club's main stadium.

As regards the game, a home fixture again!

Anyone but Burnley should produce a gate of around 1,000 - unless Wolfie gets greedy and puts up the prices again...
No, same rules as for the FA Youth Cup I think, where clubs can apply for dispensation and use their youth/reserve ground if necessary. No doubt Arsenal wouldn't be at the Emirates either - not sure where they play now, is it Boreham Wood?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't we got about 5 or 6 of them regularly starting now?