• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Q and A with Laurence Overend

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Had a nice chat with the trust chairman today and would be willing to come on exeweb to answer some of your questions that you have for him.

What i suggest is that instead a thread with people continuously posting questions over the hour so Laurence is a washed with questions he doesnt have time to answer, may I suggest that we keep the questions to 50 words max and he will quote the question and give an answer to the question. when the reply comes to that question you may then ask yours.. I may even request people pming me before to express an interest.. then putting up a list of names and in order you ask the question.

I want this to be as fair as possible and typing is slower than speaking..

I want to throw this out to exeweb as someone may have a better idea.

It will be a sunday night for 90 mins. Me and Laurence will be at our computers.

Whatdaya think exewebbers?

motorservices

I think its a great idea, although i may not have a question to ask i will be interested to see questions asked and the reply, That way we all stand the chance to find out info that maybe we hadnt thought about

Great idea

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you not have a live chat, you know like most customer services have when you visit the company website or is that too much to arrange? I have no idea, hence why I'm asking.

Not sure how you could organise it, so we wait for the question to be answered before another one is asked, as it people will post at the same time, like we get with Matchday Threads ;)

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
not really sure how best to make this work, maybe if it is on a sunday in the week leading up to it we have a thread where people suggest questions and from that a list of the most important ones are drawn up. that list then goes up onto a new thread on the sunday night and they are discussed one by one for a set time.

May make sense to narrow it down to a small number of questions so there is time to discuss or answer them, and there can always be a reserve list if things progress quicker than anticipated.

iscalad

not really sure how best to make this work, maybe if it is on a sunday in the week leading up to it we have a thread where people suggest questions and from that a list of the most important ones are drawn up. that list then goes up onto a new thread on the sunday night and they are discussed one by one for a set time.

May make sense to narrow it down to a small number of questions so there is time to discuss or answer them, and there can always be a reserve list if things progress quicker than anticipated.
Who decides this?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Who decides this?
Me!!
.………........

HarryECFC

How Q&A's are often operated on other forums is like you said a thread open with everyone asking questions and then at a certain time the thread is then locked and Laurence can go through and pick some of the questions and then quote them with only him being able to post on the locked thread.

PeteUSA

Me!!
.………........
But Leslie, you've got a foot in both camps. You're likely to leave out questions that might embarrass exeweb, especially when the topic of friend Julian comes up! C'mon be honest.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be honest Pete.. Laurence came to me wanting to do a Q and A

I'm trying to do it the fairest way and your above comments are not helpful

Please behave or don't bother posting

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Pete, Lez may be many things to many people. But what he isn't is somebody that will leave out embarrassing questions. imo.