• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Programmes

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Andy, and good to hear from you.

I've got to say - and I'm somebody who sneers at pompous bloggers and self-important forum junkies - it's definitely worth keeping an eye on Exeweb and posting about your work on here, if you possibly can.

The club may not much like it is a means of communicating with fans, but Exeweb is amazingly well used by City fans. It pains me to say it as a former programme editor, fanzine writer and newspaper columnists, but the most significant Grecian Voice of the past five years is probably the collective work of dear old Exeweb.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club may not much like it is a means of communicating with fans,
Do you think that is true Al ?

Well obviously you do or you would not have posted it, what I suppose I am asking is why, the forums are generally supportive nowadays with the exception of the few notables, in their position I should have embraced the whole concept then milked it for what it was worth.

Programmes eh ? Sad fecks !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you think that is true Al ?

Well obviously you do or you would not have posted it, what I suppose I am asking is why, the forums are generally supportive nowadays with the exception of the few notables, in their position I should have embraced the whole concept then milked it for what it was worth.
Sadly, I think Al's reflection is spot on.

There may be a few people involved at the club who appreciate ExeWeb but I fear they're in the minority.

I maintain it's played a significant part in getting us where we are today - certainly, I'm not convinced we'd have got through the summer of 2003 without ExeWeb and, more to the point, the people it brought on board - and agree, wholeheartedly, that the club should do more to embrace it.

As an aside, banning BoS members from posting on here has been discussed at more than one meeting of our meetings in recent years. Needless to say, it's something I'm vehemently opposed to.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
But IS a certain amount of antipathy towards Exeweb by the club hierarchy such a bad thing?

Isn't it the fierce independence that Exeweb has shown over the years exactly what has driven its power for influence and change that Egg alludes to?

I think I would be slightly worried if the club was fawning about Exeweb and using it, in part, as their own mouthpiece?

Yes, the waters are calm now, the sky is blue and there are no storms on the horizon but will it always be that way? In the way of Football Clubs I would say it's pretty unlikely.

I am sure others can recall when the official site had its own forum back pre- 2003. That was silenced by the then club management as there was growing dissention which it couldn't handle.

That forum never re-emerged.

hatch4england

Now safely ensconced with Andy Fuller - many thanks to all for input: see you at Leeds.