• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League Cup 2019-20

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Preview from harry Kite

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
January is a busy old month for the club, not only five league matches and a Leasing who gives a ****, but the money would be good .com trophy match, there are also two (yes two) U23 cup matches one away at Portsmouth on the 9th and then the following week away to Aston Villa, should see the squad fully extended. After these matches, it could be that we have qualified for the next stage of U23 competition which would be a great achievement

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
January is a busy old month for the club, not only five league matches and a Leasing who gives a ****, but the money would be good .com trophy match, there are also two (yes two) U23 cup matches one away at Portsmouth on the 9th and then the following week away to Aston Villa, should see the squad fully extended. After these matches, it could be that we have qualified for the next stage of U23 competition which would be a great achievement
Does anyone know where the U23 game against Villa is going to be played ?

Don’t think it will be Villa Park

denzel

Does anyone know where the U23 game against Villa is going to be played ?

Don’t think it will be Villa Park
Its saying the Bodymoor Heath training ground

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Pompey game will be at Westleigh Park, home of Havant and Waterlooville.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting the U23's are in action again this week away to Villa two o'clock kick off on the 16/01, with Nigel A likely to feature to keep up his match fitness

A win would ensure we qualify for the next stage with two matches to spare

andrew p long

Sadly despite living not that far from the venue I will find myself in Exeter instead.

although he will have plenty of other things on his mind, it is a game that Villa manager Dean Smith would benefit from attending. In the past he has been knocked out of the League Cup when at Brentford by a City team containing Ollie Watkins ( whom he went on to sign, a superb signing for Brentford) and Ethan Ampadu (whom he has since tried to sign for Aston Villa). A week ago his Villa side got knocked out of the FACup by a Fulham side who had a young Jay Stansfield on the pitch at the end. Might as well Dean Smith get in and see the next generation early before they come around to bite him again!

Its saying the Bodymoor Heath training ground
Thanks for the info Denzel.

I see that if you follow the link it takes you to a page with a match Preview and not particularly very informative, however, grayed out at the moment there are other tabs one of which says "Live Match". Does anyone know whether this is will be an option on Thursday?

A win would ensure we qualify for the next stage with two matches to spare
Would almost be there ... if Portsmouth win x3 (inc. some good wins to improve GD) & Doncaster win x2 (lose to portsmouth) then
Doncaster 12pts
Portsmouth 10pts
City 10 points
Villa 1 pts

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Gutted I can't make the Villa game, I went to the Forest game last season and thoroughly enjoyed it despite losing 3-1. If my work plans change then I'll be there, but otherwise I won't be.