• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2017-18

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could Poo fail to qualify for the Chumps League ?
A shoe in a few weeks back but there minds since they've qualified for the final though are a little bit off the boil, Stranger things have happened but I'm sure Klopp and Co will say its not job done yet and get them back to focus

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Newcastle could spend the entire wealth of the world and you would still say they'll finish in the bottom three. Come up with a new line. Liverpool won't make the Champions League for the same old reason, dodgy back four and a League 2 keeper and a Conference League back up. The only way they could stand a chance is if Clippity goes all Keegan-esque and plays the same front six that he did against Spartak Moscow, Coutinhio, Can, Wjinaldum; Mane, Firminhio Salah.
No Coutinho , 17 clean sheets & top 4

No chance of top 4.

Oh and a CL final as well.

Terrible stuff Klopp

CREDYGRECIAN

I'm not sure he'd get in every side chasing the top 4 this season and even if he could £75 million for a centre half is just plain stupid money. To have paid it is a sign of desperation.

Going back a post or two, Belgiums Number One??? In front of Courtois???? Stop being silly!!!
He would walk into every sides back 4 in the league.

grecIAN Harris

No Coutinho , 17 clean sheets & top 4

No chance of top 4.

Oh and a CL final as well.

Terrible stuff Klopp
They've done very well. I think some of those 17 clean sheets can be attributed as much to the front of the team as much as the back. When you've got them running riot, as everybody knows they can, it's hard to get the ball off of them to start any kind of attack. I think the emergence of the young British players in the full back positions has helped immensely. Robertson has been a massive improvement on Moreno and Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez have stepped up really well. Liverpool are still in dire need of a decent keeper though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Agree re the goalkeeper - I think a goalkeeper , 1 more attacker (back up) to the front 3 & perhaps somebody to partner Van Djik and we could push for the title

The football has been breathtaking at times

geoffwp

So, new keeper for Liverpool next season Credy? I wonder what Pete would make of the performance tonight!

Last edited:

Alistair20000

So, new keeper for Liverpool next season Credy? I wonder what Pete would make of the performance tonight!
I have picked up earth tremors from Arizona. Pate will be incandescent after that pair of howlers.

geoffwp

No doubt about it Al. Had Pym been in goal for Liverpool tonight they may well have won. Get ready for a Jurgen raiding party.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some good news to lighten the gloom. Abramovich throwing his toys out the pram. Hopefully he fecks off and Chelsea go into administration

CREDYGRECIAN

I'm not sure he'd get in every side chasing the top 4 this season and even if he could £75 million for a centre half is just plain stupid money. To have paid it is a sign of desperation.

Going back a post or two, Belgiums Number One??? In front of Courtois???? Stop being silly!!!
He would get in pretty much every side in Europe at centre half & 75 million has been a bargain.....the blokes an absolute Rolls Royce

Best centre half in the premier league without doubt & made Liverpool since he signed the best defence in Europe in terms of goals conceded in the top leagues (England, Spain, Italy, France)