• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre season Friendly Announced, Exmouth Town V Exeter City

CWH-NYC_

Did it happen?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
They lost 1-0. The team was pretty much the under 18s I believe

citizen

Yep a young talented City team lost 1-0 .City conceded after the young center Half was sent off for pulling a Town player down as last man after half time. Town scored from the free kick.
It was a good evening and the future is bright for City with these youngsters coming thro. Att was 303 with plenty of City fans there .Cant give you the City Team as there was no team sheets.

pct333

I was impressed by the centre half ( number 5 ) before he got sent off, Joel Randall ( number 11 ), Harry Kite ( number 8 ) and number 7.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was impressed by the centre half ( number 5 ) before he got sent off, Joel Randall ( number 11 ), Harry Kite ( number 8 ) and number 7.

Randall impressed against Swansea too I thought

Tim Long

Some good football on poor pitch (and that's what one of the Exmouth players said about the pitch). Both teams lacked a cutting edge. Tannoy was unclear so the only think I heard distinctly was that City's No 2 was "A Triallist".

les.gtfc

Some good football on poor pitch (and that's what one of the Exmouth players said about the pitch). Both teams lacked a cutting edge. Tannoy was unclear so the only think I heard distinctly was that City's No 2 was "A Triallist".
That's a coincidence, he played for us in our friendly the other day too but we didn't take him on.

Must be doing a tour of the League 2 clubs trying to get a contract. :)

citizen

Yep the pitch is struggling . Town have spent a couple of grand on the pitch preseason. It is better than last season ,but No rain means watering the pitch is difficult and time consuming for the volunteers to water and expensive. As you said some good football played . As for the speaker , it reminded me of sitting in the old grandstand lol. Either way ,an enjoyable evening watching my home town club and watching the future of my favorite league club.