• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

postal strike

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
and the signature on the tracking service was definitely not my Dad's (which I know very well from "copying" into homework diaries at school! ;) )
They don't have to get your dad's signature, just an adult at your dad's address.

If Royal Mail concentrated on looking after their staff properly they wouldn't have to employ so many agency workers who can't read or write or speak the language and maybe then there wouldn't be so many mistakes in Lundin.....

Don't even talk to me about slimlining and efficiency....of the network, cause in a few years, there's not even gonna be a national network, just big towns and all the country folk can **** off.

Rowland Hill would be turning in his grave..................

mmmmmmmmmm.i'm not gonna bite on this thread.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
mmmmmmmmmm.i'm not gonna bite on this thread.
Going on strike from Exeweb too, eh? You posties are all the same. No balls.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Don't even talk to me about slimlining and efficiency....
I get stuff off of ebay (and Amazon but that's a different story), to help improve efficiency, we now have to wait 24 hours before being allowed to collect our parcels, and instead of being open until 7pm, which was great for a commuter town, they now close at 3pm.

Donna

They don't have to get your dad's signature, just an adult at your dad's address.
He would have been the only one in, Mum being at work that day.

Recently checked online details for a birthday parcel sent to my youngest nephew - his older brother, just 12, signed for it. I know he's tall but he doesn't look like an adult!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm trying to work out when there was ever a time, when thing's seemed to go right in this country. Everything is so f**ked up it's starting to do my head in. Tbh I have no understanding why the posties are out on strike, by this I mean, the actual reasons, and not just being told 'it's for a better service' Ok I don't use the post regular, but I do rely on it, as working for agency my wage slips get delivered by post. In 5 week I've not received 2 wage slips. I need these, so what's my alternative. To ask the agency to keep hold of em and I will pick them up every few week. Why the hell should I??? So if it is for a better service, does that mean, every letter/parcel etc will be delivered within reasonable time and in reasonable condition. In fact, for many years, when I post something be it a card or parcel it get sent registered delivery for the simple fact, I know the percentage of the person actually receiving it, is a lot higher than sending it normal postage. I've lost count the number of items that have been sent by normal post and not received.
I would just like to know what the benefits will be to the customer if the posties get what they want. It's alot of disruption already and will be if they continue to strike, therefore no benefits to the customer while on strike.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
better service? we used to get 2 deliveries a day and one was early morning. now we are lucky to get one and that's after lunch!

better service - my arse

i_m

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
There has to be change at Royal Mail. Time has moved on but Royal Mail hasn't. It has been well and truely shafted by the Government when it opened up competition and that hasn't helped the financial side of things but the internet has impacted on it aswell. There simply isn't as much mail going around as there used to be to warrant such a large staff. That said, the size of 'walks' are increasing because of the number of houses being built. I think a lot of full time positions are going to have to go part time and those full time positions that remain will have to start turning to the way that I understand they are at Taunton, with 10am-6pm shifts which means that the 'walk' will cover the collections aswell as the deliveries in the same style that every courier firm operates. I can already hear a rumbling of your complaints about getting your mail at lunchtime/afternoon instead of breakfast time but I know that in Bridgewater the shifts now start later because 'customers are complaining about getting disturbed by the rattling of the letter box so early in the morning'. Have your cake and eat it??
So long as the CWU don't expect us to come out on strike to support Royal Mail after the way we were left to sink or swim five years ago, I'm not too bothered.