• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth V's Exeter City EFL Trophy SF Official Match Day Thread

Red faced

Law wasn’t poor from where I was sat.
He's rarely poor is he. On the face of it, I can understand that it he looks like he's lost his way a little , however i'm sure that teams know is so key to us and he is marked so much more closely nowadays. The pompey game he was no doubt targeted but was still really good. The guy is pure class, he'd have to be one of our top midfielders in the last few decades.

logman

Law wasn’t poor from where I was sat.
I think you were sat on my lap. Law showed the most class on the pitch a point I was discussing with an ex pro in the warmth of our local.

sign of the chimes

He's rarely poor is he. On the face of it, I can understand that it he looks like he's lost his way a little , however i'm sure that teams know is so key to us and he is marked so much more closely nowadays. The pompey game he was no doubt targeted but was still really good. The guy is pure class, he'd have to be one of our top midfielders in the last few decades.
Law looked decent enough last night that I was wondering to myself what he was doing plying his trade in League 2, as there are plenty of L1 sides who would be significantly improved with him in their midfield. He seemed to have more time on the ball than most others (Pompey included) and felt like your most likely outlet.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm baffled as to why Martin started up front instead of Seymour. If Seymour had started I think you would have got a better game out of Fisher. It helps to know that you have a strike who gets to where he should and knows what he should be doing in the first place. As for Richardson, can somebody take him away on an intensive left foot session. I know I bang on continuously about Williams should be on the left but that run that Richardson had in the first half is one moment where you would have killed to have had Williams there cutting back. To be honest you would have killed to have had anybody else cutting back there because they would have at least put a swinger through it. Richardson didn't even have the presence of mind to pull it back to Martin, whose hanging back would have actually proved useful for once.

Boyo

Do we get a cut of gate receipts from last night and was there any TV money?

Red Devon

I'm baffled as to why Martin started up front instead of Seymour. If Seymour had started I think you would have got a better game out of Fisher. It helps to know that you have a strike who gets to where he should and knows what he should be doing in the first place. As for Richardson, can somebody take him away on an intensive left foot session. I know I bang on continuously about Williams should be on the left but that run that Richardson had in the first half is one moment where you would have killed to have had Williams there cutting back. To be honest you would have killed to have had anybody else cutting back there because they would have at least put a swinger through it. Richardson didn't even have the presence of mind to pull it back to Martin, whose hanging back would have actually proved useful for once.
If you go back and watch it again the problem was when he was just about to put his foot through it Lee Martin suddenly caught his eye to his left which made him delay for that half a second and the chance was gone.

Colesman Ballz

Do we get a cut of gate receipts from last night and was there any TV money?
20k for TV (according to "Olds" on another thread ), and yes there is cut of gate receipts, but that is after deduction of all costs (including ours within certain limits), but that isn't likely to be a very significant sum given the cheap admission fees (including kids for a quid), and deduction of 20% vat. Not to be sniffed at though as Mr Tesco would say "Every little helps" !

grecIAN Harris

If you go back and watch it again the problem was when he was just about to put his foot through it Lee Martin suddenly caught his eye to his left which made him delay for that half a second and the chance was gone.
No it wasn't. It real is as simple as Richardson hasn't got a left foot of any kind when it comes to kicking a football. I don't know how much you've seen of him but I haven't seen even attempt to kick a ball with his left foot in all the time he's been here.

Ashford Grecian

Positives all round from last night, although I don't rate Fisher at all.

Law was also poor again, I seriously hope that Jay is preferred over him now in the league.
Agreed on Fisher but Law seriously ??? If anyone was poor it was Lee Martin (again)

Grecian2K

As someone on thefootballforum so pithily put it
EFL breathing a sigh of relief that Pompey score in 92 and 96th minute to beat Exeter 3-2.

just need to play Salford in final for them to cream their pants.