• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City Matchday Thread 29/9/2018

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to twitter one of our fans got locked in the stadium today after everyonelse had left :D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Most annoying thing about today was the bunch of kids who were up at the back singing then decided to go down the front and then spend the game turned round beckoning everyone to sing. If they’d stayed at the back with us the noise would have been much better - what’s the point in moving away from where the noise is then moan that the noise isn’t loud enough? Good job we scored as that galvanised the singing.
They decided that by going down the front they'd force the people behind them to stand and therefore that would improve the atmosphere. According to what they were saying as they went pass me. The other problem of course was the location of the scoreboard in the away end, blocking the view of the other end of the pitch.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
And whatever Antman says, there was no time wasting at any throw in and the whistle should have gone before the corner. If that is now the benchmark, 20 seconds should be added at every throw in, and the game lasts 200 minutes.

Ref ruined it for me.

Let's just take it out on Stevenage on Tuesday.
There were two throw ins for us that took about a minute between them to take. I only counted the time that would be construed as being wasted by a ref.

denzel

There were two throw ins for us that took about a minute between them to take. I only counted the time that would be construed as being wasted by a ref.
I'm not having that. They weren't time wasted. The ref did not speak to the players.

Still, what do I know I was only at the game. I shant bother going in future I'll just join the keyboard warriors watching at home.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My view after I moved down a couple of rows and moved to the left a bit

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
View of the Pym save from behind the goal

fred binneys head

They decided that by going down the front they'd force the people behind them to stand and therefore that would improve the atmosphere.
That’s fine. They were wrong.

PeteUSA

I'm not having that. They weren't time wasted. The ref did not speak to the players. Still, what do I know I was only at the game. I shant bother going in future I'll just join the keyboard warriors watching at home.
denzel, this is unlike you, getting heated at a situation. With all due respect to you and all the other City faithful that made that journey, an opinion couldnt have been arrived at because you were actually at the game. I think antman has the time that elapsed accounted for by stopping and starting the action on his computer and arriving at a valid reason why the amount of added time was applied by the referee. My take is that the referee ignored the five minute guideline he was shown and did his own timing; which he's perfectly in order to do. I did note that Pym was down for all of five minutes alone! So for just two and a bit extra added to that, I think it worked out correctly. That didnt stop the result being gut wrenchingly disappointing though.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not having that. They weren't time wasted. The ref did not speak to the players.

Still, what do I know I was only at the game. I shant bother going in future I'll just join the keyboard warriors watching at home.
If you cast your mind back to a throw in half way inside our half after what looked like a foul by one of theirs. The ref signals for a throw, our players go to the ref to claim a foul, the ref tells Sweeney to get on with it, the 20 seconds is after that. He did speak to the players.

I went back to look at the time added on out of curiosity in the belief that he had got it wrong, as you can see from my immediate post after the game where I say "I don't know where he got the extra 2 minutes from on the 5". People seem to think I am making stuff up, but I just thought I'd say what I saw on watching it again. I do think he was extra pernickety on adding seconds on, but they are there if you look. The total stoppage time is way over two minutes in the five minute period, more like three, but I didn't count everything, only the substitutions and what could be regarded (in the view of a strict ref) as time wasting. I would urge people with iFollow to do the same tomorrow when it becomes available as a replay.

I realise this has become very boring for many people and I'm not going to post about it again, but felt I had to defend myself after one person called me stupid and another a keyboard warrior. Go ahead and call me what you like now.

Stelios

Via Twitter......

Didn't we just. Gamesmanship some might say, but Exeter are one of the dirtiest, time-wasting, arse pieces to visit the Vale of late. Organised and can knock the ball about but a typical nasty League 2 team. Cracking point. #pvfc #ecfc #valiants #grecians
(rofl)