• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale build up, team, prediction

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely it's time our form turned

1-0 City
El Bowman

Pym sent off!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
3-1 City.
Would like to think that with just 3 home games to go and still in with a good chance of the play-offs we could get a 4.5k attendance.
Sweeney, Law and Bowman get the goals.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not quite mathematically a must-win game but hard to see us having the confidence to pick-up enough points to make the play-offs if we don't win. On paper this should be a comfortable win but a lot of players seem to be struggling for form, we have a terrible record on the Saturday after a mid-week game and have lost three of our last 4 home.
I'd rest/ drop Kane and Deano and go for a back 4 with Pierce at right-back and O'Shea in the centre alongside Brown. As for the rest of the team, in my opinion,only really Archie, Hiram, Lee Martin, if fit, and Ryan Bowman definitely deserve to start but I can't see Jake being dropped. As for the last place I guess Nicky Law will come back in but he's not been at his best recently.
I expect the attendance will be down a bit as well as presumably a few of the floating fans will have been put off by the horror show against Mansfield.

Avening Posse

2-0 win, and much needed

Alistair20000

Referee Tom Nield reports sick today and Jabba The Hutt Brextable is drafted in. Despite this we get a 2-0 win with late goals from Law and Jay.

Pym does not get sent off.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Up at their place, they didn't enjoy the pace of Ogbene and Lee martin running at their defence, and we should have got more goals. Very late equaliser from them (Stockley og?) robbed us of the points. Surely we can do better at home? Time for the seasoned pros to turn in a decent performance, and let's hope Bowman is on a roll with the goals!

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2019/04/12/next-up-exeter-city-vs-port-vale-3/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Club's Park Life preview on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqhZemKt9bY

They are more than capable of keeping it tight at the back and frustrating us. They will settle for a point no doubt but if we are as gullible in the last few minutes of the game as we were on Tuesday then they could well go away with all 3 points.
If I was a betting man I would put money on Pope knocking one in as he did last season-when if I recall they were then bottom of the league.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think I'm right in saying Manny Oyeleke has thrown a sicky and won't feature.

fred binneys head

Watch out for Ricky Miller up front, he’ll try and wind up our defenders and supporters. One of those irritating little ****s that you wish played for you.