• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Poor parking

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Saw a brilliant one last night. Nearside front wheel up over the kerb. The end of the car stuck out in to the road at an angle. Just passed a bend and a junction making it difficult for anyone to get by. His girl gets in and they have a kiss and a cuddle before moving off!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I always proceed to park as closely as possible so they can't get in the drivers side and have to wait for me to get back or climb through the passenger side. It's a bit cruel but I think they get the idea.
The idea that you're a selfish idiot, or is there some context I'm missing here?

Jordann

The idea that you're a selfish idiot, or is there some context I'm missing here?
I think it's tough to work out which one is more selfish, the one in the flashy merc who parks like a nunt in the first place, or the one who comes along during her workday with a car full of people with mobility issues and can't park in the disabled bay because the other numpty has their arse end sticking into it and I end up having to park to fit around them or park 3 streets away. Terribly tough one, that one

Antony Moxey

Well you never put any of that in your first post, merely that you park as close as possible - do you do that if you have to park three streets away, or just to the 'flashy merc'? Sounds more like envy to me than anything else.

Jordann

I have no such envy of mercs, I do however envy people who can get out of their car without having to open all four doors and the boot to get clients, walkers and wheelchairs out in a lengthy 30 minute process. My own car is beautifully new and suits me just fine. Heaven forbid I don't have the 12 seater. Park over the line and you're at risk of getting a side mirror knocked off just because of the sheer size of it and how much space you need. What angers me more is the merc parked in the disabled bay with no permit and a perfectly able person jumping out with their mates to go get a latte. It's not a convenience park, it's there for a reason.

Alistair20000

Jordann 6 The Moxster 0. :D

Antony Moxey

Jordann 6 The Moxster 0. :D
How so? None of the later explanations were apparent in the first posts. As for their remark regarding the 'convenience park' - well quite, park three streets away and f***ing walk.

Alistair20000

How so? None of the later explanations were apparent in the first posts. As for their remark regarding the 'convenience park' - well quite, park three streets away and f***ing walk.
The Theory of Holes Ant. You are right that Jordann's first post did not explain things fully but did you not dig on a tad too much ?

My scoring was on reflection harsh. It should have been 4-0.

Antony Moxey

Nope. I asked if I was missing something and got back a reply that still didn't fully explain things. Anyways, rather than making life difficult for not only myself but others too - others who in this case appear too thick to realise that someone is making life difficult for them - I'd be inclined to park three streets away and walk, it's not that great a hardship and your scoring is irrelevent.

Jordann

Nope. I asked if I was missing something and got back a reply that still didn't fully explain things. Anyways, rather than making life difficult for not only myself but others too - others who in this case appear too thick to realise that someone is making life difficult for them - I'd be inclined to park three streets away and walk, it's not that great a hardship and your scoring is irrelevent.
Right. Pray tell oh wise master of trades, have you ever attempted to push a wheelchair with a built in motor + battery and a 100kg person up a hill before? I'm not in the chair, I'm pushing the jolly thing.
Parking three streets away literally is impossible. Not to mention that on street parking provides you with no space to unload said chair in the first place.

PS. I'm more than willing to clarify points if asked to do so.

Last edited: