• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Poor parking

Mid Devon Clown

Half Moon straight, I'm doing the appropriate 40 mph speed limit.
I think you're confusing 'legal' with 'appropriate'. Again.

You have chosen to travel 10-15mph slower than the majority of drivers would under the same conditions, yet it's everyone else that's a 'muppet'.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I think you're confusing 'legal' with 'appropriate'. Again.

You have chosen to travel 10-15mph slower than the majority of drivers would under the same conditions, yet it's everyone else that's a 'muppet'.
I'm doing the legal and appropriate speed limit as per all the signs along the road, each of which I can read, in that stretch they all without fail stated 40mph, so yes if you can't read those signs & are incapable of adhering to the limits you are a muppet. I'm an advanced driver, suggest a few more take this course, it teaches you how to adhere to the limits, and read the road 500 yeards ahead instead of the next car ahead!! As I say if you can't see the problem you are part of the problem, and as I say 95% of motorists speed!!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm an advanced driver, suggest a few more take this course, it teaches you how to adhere to the limits, and read the road 500 yeards ahead instead of the next car ahead!!
I would suggest that the term 'Advanced Driver' and the associated course doesn't necessarily make you a better driver in the 'real world'.

To put my credentials on the line, I'm not an 'advanced driver' however I am qualified through my work to test and evaluate new cars and prototypes for my employer both on the road and on test tracks.

Anecdotally one of the driver trainers on the last course I did explained that some of the worst drivers for passing the assessments are those with IAM qualifications because they think they already know it all.

Not that I'm accusing you of being that way of course!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mods, can we change the name of this thread to Motoring issues, please?

Only because people are banging on about speeding!!!

**stamps feet and sulks**

StroudGrecian

Let's get back to Parking.

I think it's a bit unfair to call him poor, he's been out injured.

Mid Devon Clown

as I say 95% of motorists speed!!
My point exactly. If you are doddering along at 40 on a straight bit of road you are going to encourage others to overtake you, whereas if you were doing an APPROPRIATE speed everyone would be safer.

Please, stop confusing the terms 'legal' and 'appropriate' - they are not the same thing.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
My point exactly. If you are doddering along at 40 on a straight bit of road you are going to encourage others to overtake you, whereas if you were doing an APPROPRIATE speed everyone would be safer.

Please, stop confusing the terms 'legal' and 'appropriate' - they are not the same thing.
What a load of bollox that is!! Tried it, if I do 35 car behind wants to do 40, if I do 40 car behind wants to do 45, If I do 45 car behind wants to do 50, If I do 50 car behind wants to do 55, what speed do these muppets wannt to do in the 30 & 40 mph zones? It because they are either oblivious to the speed limit = Muppet or blatant disregard for speed limit again = Muppet!! As I say 95% of motorists fall into Muppet catagory, don't even get me satarted on use of, or lack of use of indicaters they only knw where their accelerators are, $h!te drivers!!

Antony Moxey

How do they slow down?

elginCity

I think it's a bit unfair to call him poor, he's been out injured.
I think Shabba meant poor in the pitiable sense, as in 'there, there, Sam, get well soon'. :D

Jordann

I always proceed to park as closely as possible so they can't get in the drivers side and have to wait for me to get back or climb through the passenger side. It's a bit cruel but I think they get the idea.