• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bizarre speculation in the media about who has their finger on the nuclear button during BJs incapacitation ffs...Perhaps the conspiracy theorists think this is all a plan for a Russian invasion 😁

On a more serious note,I would imagine all nuclear powers see the folly of spending billions on such nonsense when a percentage of that money could have mitigated the worst effects of Covid-19 on their population.

Alistair20000

Bizarre speculation in the media about who has their finger on the nuclear button during BJs incapacitation ffs...Perhaps the conspiracy theorists think this is all a plan for a Russian invasion 😁

On a more serious note,I would imagine all nuclear powers see the folly of spending billions on such nonsense when a percentage of that money could have mitigated the worst effects of Covid-19 on their population.
I was reading that if Raab is given out the next batsman in is Rishi Sunak

arthur

Hardly surprising, given that he is head and shoulders above his colleagues in terms of ability and communication skills... Clearly the next leader, barring something very odd happening

With regard to the nuclear button issue, I do hope that the next person asked this ridiculous "would you press the button" question replies "Can you suggest a circumstance in which I might, then I'll do my best to answer you". Raab could try it out, just for a bit of light relief (the answer, not the button)

manc grecian

The GrecianLez lookalike is hoping there's no middle order collapse as he's in at XI.

IndoMike

The Telegraph sh*t - stirring?.
Perhaps they can't bear it that Boris is not at the helm.
But, to be honest, Trump and others have discussed if the cure is worse than the sickness, so.it wouldn't be surprising if the Cabinet has
PS. I don't believe that, but it has been debated.

IndoMike

They won't see the folly. The most we can hope for is that they will appreciate their doctors and nurses ++ more and pay them accordingly.

Rosencrantz

Blimey, don't go giving Trump and his alt right survivalist's ideas. Nuke Covid-19 in the face, that will solve it 😳. As for the nuclear question, we can all dream. Still have to refer to the Rt Hon Jim Hacker and Sir Humphrey Appleby for the most concise explanation of the nuclear problem.

Rosencrantz

The GrecianLez lookalike is hoping there's no middle order collapse as he's in at XI.
Surely he has been demoted to twelfth man duties.

IndoMike

Hardly surprising, given that he is head and shoulders above his colleagues in terms of ability and communication skills... Clearly the next leader, barring something very odd happening

With regard to the nuclear button issue, I do hope that the next person asked this ridiculous "would you press the button" question replies "Can you suggest a circumstance in which I might, then I'll do my best to answer you". Raab could try it out, just for a bit of light relief (the answer, not the button)
Steady on old chap. Yes, he's very intelligent and a good communicator from the pulpit. But don't forget he's the guy giving out the goodies at the moment rather than dishing out austerity , Part II of which is coming soon
He might gain some sympathy support due to his young age and he is carrying no baggage, but on the other hand he has little political experience and is not yet a practitioner of the dark arts
Having said the above, Phil Neville would make a better P.M than Raab.
If a few more go down with Covid 19 we'll.eventually get to Grayling in the pecking order . That would be fun.

Alistair20000

The Telegraph sh*t - stirring?.
Perhaps they can't bear it that Boris is not at the helm.
But, to be honest, Trump and others have discussed if the cure is worse than the sickness, so.it wouldn't be surprising if the Cabinet has
PS. I don't believe that, but it has been debated.
It is a perfectly sensible thing to debate. Does not need to be as fight. When the government said "we will do everything it takes" it was grandstanding. If your economy is fooked there is nothing or less to do the taking with.