• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I even know people that have never voted Tory before (usually Labour) but will be voting Conservative this time round. I can't quite include myself in that as I did vote Tory once before.

Corbyn said this very morning “In the last election in 2017 we were written off by everybody and look what happened,”. That was then gramps, things have moved on...
It would be a huge surprise if Labour wins, but you never know for sure. The Brits are a funny breed : if all the media and polls say the Tories will win, we bloody-minded Brits are quite likely to go the other way. All logic points to a Tory win, but things can happen.

Mr Jinx

Coalition of losers then Indo. Put that lot together and they will be squabbling after 5 minutes.
...even less likely after the LibDem poster released this morning!

Alistair20000

Just to cheer up our art:

I am still not convinced died in the wool Labour voters will vote Tory in large numbers. Certainly not enough to overturn the massive Labour majorities in the Northern "Leave" heavy voting seats.

I suppose Tory gains in Mansfield, Middlesborough & East Cleveland and Stoke-on-Trent South in 2017 are a pointer to a swing to the Tories in that type of seat though.

Of equal interest will be whether the Tories can recapture seats that Magic Grandpa perhaps rather surprisingly won in 2017 such as Canterbury, Kensington, Bedford, Plymouth Sutton, Enfield Southgate, Ipswich, Peterborough, Portsmouth South (this one which Labour had never previously won)

Student vote influence in a few of those of course.

Where is Jason when we want him ?

IndoMike

Coalition of losers then Indo. Put that lot together and they will be squabbling after 5 minutes.
In any coalition there is bound to be conflict : if not they might as well be in the same party. But yes, it would be spicy

Alistair20000

...even less likely after the LibDem poster released this morning!
Do you mean this Jinxy ?

Alistair20000

In any coalition there is bound to be conflict : if not they might as well be in the same party. But yes, it would be spicy
True. There is even conflict within parties but too much spice can spoil the food.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member

IndoMike

True. There is even conflict within parties but too much spice can spoil the food.
Political expediency can quickly make enemies kiss and make up : some like it hot

Mr Jinx

Do you mean this Jinxy ?

Yep, that's the one. It really hasn't gone down well with the Guardian BTL'ers. Corbyn is as far removed from Swinson as he is Johnson.

Alistair20000

Political expediency can quickly make enemies kiss and make up : some like it hot
You can indeed get some strange political bedfellows but usually on a single issue rather than a wide ranging programme for government.

A favourite example is the killing off of House of Lords reform by a strange coalition led by Michael Foot and Enoch Powell 50 years ago.