• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
So Boris and Leo both see a pathway to a deal. Really? How come no-one's seen it before? This better be good...

iscalad

Course we aren't screwed Spankers.

I mean even if (OR WHEN) the worst comes to the worst we've always got our "bestest friend" Donald to come to our rescue.

Haven't we??? :cry:
Depends whether we were on the beaches at Normandy.

Grecian2K

Depends whether we were on the beaches at Normandy.
Well I could been but for the facts that:
a) It was 10 years before I was actually born
and
b) Even if I had been around my imaginary "bone spurs" would probably denied me the chance of fighting for my country.

tavyred

So Boris and Leo both see a pathway to a deal. Really? How come no-one's seen it before? This better be good...
Irish press reporting that BJ has caved in big time.

iscalad

Irish press reporting that BJ has caved in big time.
Grief, wonder what the hell he's done now.

tavyred

Grief, wonder what the hell he's done now.
I’m guessing, but it has to be on the CU surely?

Mr Jinx

Could be a border in the Irish sea. You know like was originally proposed but rejected by May. That was only because of the DUP though, and they don't really matter now. Arlene will be spitting...but sod em. I ask again - what has NI ever given the UK apart from a whole lot of ballache? And don't go say George Best again!

DB9

Could be a border in the Irish sea. You know like was originally proposed but rejected by May. That was only because of the DUP though, and they don't really matter now. Arlene will be spitting...but sod em. I ask again - what has NI ever given the UK apart from a whole lot of ballache? And don't go say George Best again!
Titanic, De Lorean cars, Frank Carson, 😁😁

dontpassback

Titanic, De Lorean cars, Frank Carson, 😁😁
Titanic sank,de lorean went bust and as for frank Carson !!!!

Rosencrantz

Customs Union in NI until the "alternative/technology" based border solutions are in place and tested. To be confirmed by NI assembly and reaffirmed every four years without either side having a veto or full NI referendum.

Might fly with ROI and therefore EU but expect DUP would be apoplectic. It would be the current backstop but without being potentially locked in by the EU but giving power to the people directly affected - NI.

He might lose DUP in parliament but most of the ERG should go with it as the EU wouldn't be able to "trap" anyone in who didn't want to be. This might then get some Labour leave constituency MPs to rebel. Question is, will it be enough.