• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
No mate, I just know stuff. :)
Sometimes when I don't know stuff I ask other people. Apparently this is not the done thing - I should, like a lawyer, only ask questions I already know the answer to....:cool:

IndoMike

Sometimes when I don't know stuff I ask other people. Apparently this is not the done thing - I should, like a lawyer, only ask questions I already know the answer to....:cool:
Tavyred is practising for his next role as State Interrogator. How do you say "ve ask ze kvestions" in Debmish.?

Mr Jinx

And so McDonell finishes Labour's big speech. More unicorns, this time on steroids: On top of abolishing student debt and fees, there'll be 4 day working weeks, workers owning 10% of companies, more free public services.

Affordability aside for a moment, it all sounds attractive stuff. Wondering though if people out there are going to be taken in by all this?

Also, Supreme Court judgement at 10:30am tomorrow. Reckon it's nailed on to back Gina. Cue the "Enemies" maelstrom.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And so McDonell finishes Labour's big speech. More unicorns, this time on steroids: On top of abolishing student debt and fees, there'll be 4 day working weeks, workers owning 10% of companies, more free public services.

Affordability aside for a moment, it all sounds attractive stuff. Wondering though if people out there are going to be taken in by all this?
After the inevitable brain drain, 10% of nothing is still nothing.

Alistair20000

This particular sceptic is not buying this crock of sh*te.

Nothing is for free.

iscalad

Also, Supreme Court judgement at 10:30am tomorrow. Reckon it's nailed on to back Gina. Cue the "Enemies" maelstrom.
Never fear. A magic money tree has been found in the Cayman Islands

Alistair20000

Never fear. A magic money tree has been found in the Cayman Islands
But the plodders at HMRC will not get to pick much of the fruit though.

Grecian2K

A magic money tree has been found in the Cayman Islands
'fraid not isca. Bilbo Johnson and his sidekick Gollum Javid have already scrumped the fruit off that one.

Mr Jinx

Now Lady Nugee is basically proposing that we should make enemies of the USA, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Vote winner. Not.

Grecian2K

Now Lady Nugee is basically proposing that we should make enemies of the USA, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Vote winner. Not.
I wouldn't be so sure Jinxy.

Saudi is a vile repressive regime.
Israel (at least under "BiBi") almost as much so as far as the Palestinians are concerned (though of course one DARE not criticise the sainted Mr Yahoo for fear of being called "antisemtic" as opposed to just despising his regime and its politics)
As for the good ol' USA??? Sorry, in my opinion for the last century they have generally been our bezzies when it suits their interests but not always. And, under arch-isolationist Trump, I respectfully suggest that at present they are even less to be trusted.
Which leaves us with?.....Europe????