• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
So why did a record number turn out to vote in the Referendum ? Just interested like.
Indeed. I must have dreamt UKIP happening.

IndoMike

Nighty night..Don’t let the mosquitoes bite..
Thanks, mum.😉. If they bite me, I bite 'em back. Strangely, they tend to bite women more than they do men, so wifey gets the full force.

IndoMike

The Telegraph has followed it's usual course and is blaming the EU for scuppering Johnson's plans.
interestingly, nobody seems to know what Johnson's plans are. Wouldn't it be more appropriate for Johnson to share his plans with the public, considering it is of national interest? Why so secretive?
i maintain that there is no feasible plan. Johnson is able to blame the EU for not accepting a non-existent plan only because he pretends there is a plan which has been rejected .
i know who I believe, and it ain't Johnson & Cummins.

IndoMike

I’ve no idea (and little interest) why Ireland was asked to vote twice on a EU referendum, why not do your own work and find out why yourself?
There are no ‘considerations’ that currently trump the need to carry out the 2016 referendum result.
I thought we could only express original thought and not refer to nasty, unworthy thingies like Google? I'm sure Arthur was following your advice and trying to squeeze out the grey matter from your brain-box on the vexed question of Ireland rather than research on the net.
Funny innit that Cameron, Farage et al forgot about Ireland. I assume that they either want a break-up of the UK or to renege on the Good Friday Agreement.
Would like your opinion on this Tavy.

IndoMike

One dodgy character and his minder..

elginCity

I was always taught to read the question carefully and then answer it :)
Ah, OK.

It wasn’t a “record number” that turned out to vote at the referendum.

It was a sizeable figure though, due to the reasons previously given; BoJo factor, immigration fears, austerity, emotion, press manipulation etc.

Most were happy to vote for the option without a plan or rationale, swayed by the lies and broken promises, and here we are.

tavyred

I thought we could only express original thought and not refer to nasty, unworthy thingies like Google? I'm sure Arthur was following your advice and trying to squeeze out the grey matter from your brain-box on the vexed question of Ireland rather than research on the net.
Funny innit that Cameron, Farage et al forgot about Ireland. I assume that they either want a break-up of the UK or to renege on the Good Friday Agreement.
Would like your opinion on this Tavy.
So, someone is curious about the Irish and their referendums and I have to explain why? Surely it’s better for them to have a go at why the think the way they do and I can then argue the toss otherwise or perhaps not.
My opinion on your assumption about Cameron, Farage and Ireland is that your wrong. Cam and Farage are both Unionists and as we found out last week in court, even no deal does not effect the GFA.

IndoMike

Ah, OK.

It wasn’t a “record number” that turned out to vote at the referendum.

It was a sizeable figure though, due to the reasons previously given; BoJo factor, immigration fears, austerity, emotion, press manipulation etc.

Most were happy to vote for the option without a plan or rationale, swayed by the lies and broken promises, and here we are.
The voters were probably happy that they didn't have to vote for a politician.

IndoMike

So, someone is curious about the Irish and their referendums and I have to explain why? Surely it’s better for them to have a go at why the think the way they do and I can then argue the toss otherwise or perhaps not.
My opinion on your assumption about Cameron, Farage and Ireland is that your wrong. Cam and Farage are both Unionists and as we found out last week in court, even no deal does not effect the GFA.
You've got me there. You mean it doesn't affect the GFA in theory, in practice or in both? May I ask : I'm afraid to Google myself and damage my esteemed reputation.

tavyred

You've got me there. You mean it doesn't affect the GFA in theory, in practice or in both? May I ask : I'm afraid to Google myself and damage my esteemed reputation.
No need to google, unless of course you’re unable to form a personal opinion or argue your point through using your own god given logic without reference to the internet that is.
You’ve postulated that Cameron and Farage were out to renege on the GFA, explain your workings and we can discuss it.