• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was asking what you were meaning when you said India and Pakistan will be keeping a close eye on negotiations i believe Hants.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He was asking what you were meaning when you said India and Pakistan will be keeping a close eye on negotiations i believe Hants.
I thought that was obvious. Both those countries have close links to the UK and will be looking for free movement within any trade deal.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This isn't a good look for the Brexit Party in response to the report of problems with Islamophobia in the Tory party

arthur

Yes, I heard this as it happened. It was beyond excruciating

arthur

This isn't a good look for the Brexit Party in response to the report of problems with Islamophobia in the Tory party

Hot on the heels of TBP MEPs abstaining on a vote calling on Iran to release Zaghari Ratcliffe.

If this were any other party, you'd wonder how this decision had been arrived at. But since this isn't a party with any members, any democratic organisation, or any vaguely transparent policy making processes the only conclusion is that this is what Nigel has decided. He likes "strong" leaders (Orban, Putin, Erdogan) and presumably admires the Iranian Supreme Leader as well.

Future policy making on any issues not related to our membership or otherwise of the EU should be interesting as Farage hands down policies on tablets of stone and watches Claire Fox and Ann Widdecombe agree how wonderful they are...

Last edited:

IndoMike

The British Govt has presented documents to the EU commission on condition that they are not distributed to the 27 EU members because they are the property of HM's Govt.
The strategy of secrecy/ lack of transparency is clearly dishonest, an attempt to muddy the waters and to divide the EU. Once again these are Trump-like tactics, with Cummings almost certainly the Prince of Darkness. Imagine what they'll be up to if they win the next election.
Very disturbing.

arthur

Cummings almost certainly the Prince of Darkness.Very disturbing.
I commend this article to Jinx as a) it's from the Guardian and b) it makes his point that Cummings isn't all he's cracked up to be

IndoMike

I commend this article to Jinx as a) it's from the Guardian and b) it makes his point that Cummings isn't all he's cracked up to be
Arthur. You cut some of my text : I did not write "Cummins Prince of Darkness. Very disturbing". You cut the text between the first part and the second part. One thing sure to get my back up is if someone plays around with my text. But I'll forgive you this time since your editing didn't change the meaning much .
Having read the article he seems pretty much a Prince of Darkness to me, but I agree sooner or later he'll be dispensed with and return to being a nobody.

Mr Jinx

When & where have I ever commended Cummings? I've always maintained that he's a complete nobody. Go check all my posts if you can be arsed.

He's kind of like Bannon was to Trump. Everyone thought he was running the show, when in fact he wasn't. Smart move from Trump when you think about it. It gave him some kind on force field.

arthur

When & where have I ever commended Cummings? I've always maintained that he's a complete nobody. Go check all my posts if you can be arsed.

He's kind of like Bannon was to Trump. Everyone thought he was running the show, when in fact he wasn't. Smart move from Trump when you think about it. It gave him some kind on force field.
I was attempting agree with you! ("it makes his point...")