• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two wrongs don't make a right.
True but us tolerant British are not one of the wrongs.

IndoMike

True but us tolerant British are not one of the wrongs.
The law hasn't been passed yet and the students are demonstrating against it. They've been trying to pass this Bill for years
It's not a tolerance competition, Ali.
Many Brits are tolerant and many are not.

Rosencrantz

Many different papers on this with various conclusions. The conclusion is often inconclusive :).
I believe the environment plays the biggest role. But you implied that doctors were highly intelligent therefore their children would be. I can't believe that is true based purely on genetics and I'm sure that anecdotal evidence would show that
As G2K states, some educationalists and psychologists purport that there are 7, 8 or even 9 different types of intelligence, which complicates things further.
Another report states maybe Mother knows best https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/children-intelligence-iq-mother-inherit-inheritance-genetics-genes-a7345596.html ;)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
If you've had a child who's seriously ill and there are not enough staff and you've been waiting two hours and saw someone who you thought is responsible for the NHS, You'd confront them I'd guaratee it
How the hell is Boris responsible for the NHS the way it is at present ? And for your information I have had a child in a serious condition so much the excellent doctor working on him to keep him alive asked me to get my wife to the hospital asap as they didnt think he was actually going to make it through the night and at that time unless it was God walking through the emergency dept healing the sick I wouldn't have cared 2 flying fecks who was walking through ! So don't tell me I would have confronted some no mark politician over the welfare of my son.
Not once in his time in hospital was there a lack of nurses and doctors to help him and the others especially in Bramble Ward.
Children and elderly have always had priority in any hospital as I've been sat in A & E numerous times with injuries to myself and seen children and OAP's made top of the list to be seen first.

IndoMike

How the hell is Boris responsible for the NHS the way it is at present ? And for your information I have had a child in a serious condition so much the excellent doctor working on him to keep him alive asked me to get my wife to the hospital asap as they didnt think he was actually going to make it through the night and at that time unless it was God walking through the emergency dept healing the sick I wouldn't have cared 2 flying fecks who was walking through ! So don't tell me I would have confronted some no mark politician over the welfare of my son.
Not once in his time in hospital was there a lack of nurses and doctors to help him and the others especially in Bramble Ward.
Children and elderly have always had priority in any hospital as I've been sat in A & E numerous times with injuries to myself and seen children and OAP's made top of the list to be seen first.
Sometimes you really are something else
1.The bloke clearly stated that he was happy with the doctors
2. Nobody is criticising the staff in hospitals
3. Jason suggested that this was a political stunt by the opposition which even the Mail and Telegraph said was not true. The bloke was clearly upset about his child's serious illness
4. If the bloke says there is a lack of staff (which most doctors and nurses would agree is true) he is not criticising the staff

FCS read the comments properly first..🙄🙄🙄

IndoMike

Well there you go : yet another theory.. Mind you, judging from this thread most blokes are pretty thick, so it wouldn't surprise me.
In my mind it's easy to have a theory but proving it is more difficult. As I said before, you can have a group of brothers and sisters with a wide range of IQ, but maybe their intelligence is expressed in different ways. For me it's all a mystery.
PS. I can be thick sometimes, too, so I know a lot about this 😆

Oldsmobile-88

If you've had a child who's seriously ill and there are not enough staff and you've been waiting two hours and saw someone who you thought is responsible for the NHS, You'd confront them I'd guaratee it
Without knowing the full details,it looks like a opportunistic exhibitionist venting his fury.
I have been in his situation many years ago & the last thing I would have been doing would have been to berate a politician who was walking by.

tavyred

Knew this law was coming Tavy. Doesn't affect me personally, but. . ..
You seem strangely sanguine about the situation Mike, you usually rail quite heavily against such behaviour by Governments.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sometimes you really are something else
1.The bloke clearly stated that he was happy with the doctors
2. Nobody is criticising the staff in hospitals
3. Jason suggested that this was a political stunt by the opposition which even the Mail and Telegraph said was not true. The bloke was clearly upset about his child's serious illness
4. If the bloke says there is a lack of staff (which most doctors and nurses would agree is true) he is not criticising the staff

FCS read the comments properly first..🙄🙄🙄
Do you think with all the prattling on you do on every subject known to man you'll hit the 18k mark by 22.00 English time ?

IndoMike

Do you think with all the prattling on you do on every subject known to man you'll hit the 18k mark by 22.00 English time ?
Haha. Probably. I'm going for the 100k posts : stay tuned 😉