• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nah Tavy, Indo thinks we are a very intolerant bunch of feckers back here in good old Blighty. :)
It does strike me though that, whether at home or abroad, many of the worlds problems are caused by "religion" and the bigotries and prejudices embedded in their many competing brands.

I'm not aware of ever hearing of an atheist blowing up an agnostic (or vice-versa) on account of their slightly divergent theological views.

Sorry, but "a plague on ALL their holy houses" I say.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
a father whose child was seriously ill was complaining to Johnson for political gain.
If he were that concerned for his seriously ill child he wouldn't have been a$$ed about who was walking past !

DB9

If he were that concerned for his seriously ill child he wouldn't have been a$$ed about who was walking past !
If you've had a child who's seriously ill and there are not enough staff and you've been waiting two hours and saw someone who you thought is responsible for the NHS, You'd confront them I'd guaratee it

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
From looking at their website it seems to be a forum for people to write their articles without any editorial agenda apart from fact checking.

As the first article and indeed all references of the concerned parent being a Labour activist and therefore a plant came from Guido Fawkes website which was then crying foul, the conspiracy part at least is coming from a specific editorial angle. If the Conservative and Labour angle were switched, I suspect the "Corbynista' Canary website would be advancing the same theory.

As ever take the facts and check where the opinion is coming from before thinking for yourself.
Sage words as ever. Hence why I was looking to find a source that appeared not to have an agenda one way or the other.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The EU's FTA with South America has been vetoed by Austria.

IndoMike

Time to come home Mike?

Knew this law was coming Tavy. Doesn't affect me personally, but. . ..

Rosencrantz

Now come on Rosey. If the origins came from Mr P Staines' pulsating purple/blue organ (a source that makes even the Daily Heil look like a pinko-Commie rag) than surely it MUST be accepted without question or censure.
Bring back Infowars 🤪

Rosencrantz

Sage words as ever. Hence why I was looking to find a source that appeared not to have an agenda one way or the other.
Which is becoming a very rare thing unfortunately.

IndoMike

Question for Mike: Do you think intelligence is a completely random thing and nothing to do with genetics? I'm intrigued.
Many different papers on this with various conclusions. The conclusion is often inconclusive :).
I believe the environment plays the biggest role. But you implied that doctors were highly intelligent therefore their children would be. I can't believe that is true based purely on genetics and I'm sure that anecdotal evidence would show that
As G2K states, some educationalists and psychologists purport that there are 7, 8 or even 9 different types of intelligence, which complicates things further.

IndoMike

Nah Tavy, Indo thinks we are a very intolerant bunch of feckers back here in good old Blighty. :)
Two wrongs don't make a right.