• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, Jason's honest blue-Boys have NEVER been planted to disrupt Labour media appearances have they?
A look, a squirrel.

I'm sure you have evidence to back this bit of whataboutery up.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Accusations of people being planted, Disinformation around everywhere it seems, This election coming is going to be ugly
I fear so - Labour were very dirty during the last election at times, see for example the campaign waged in Rupa Huq's constituency against Joy Morrissey (who I've met and is a very nice person), I'd like to think we wouldn't descend to their level at the next election but obviously one can't rule it out with Cummings involved.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course, Jason's honest blue-Boys have NEVER been planted to disrupt Labour media appearances have they?
Jason's just digging a hole for himself. Be much easier to just say sorry for his disturbing comment about genetic superiority followed by the accusation that a father whose child was seriously ill was complaining to Johnson for political gain.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Jason's just digging a hole for himself. Be much easier to just say sorry for his disturbing comment about genetic superiority followed by the accusation that a father whose child was seriously ill was complaining to Johnson for political gain.
On the former, I presented scientific evidence stating that intelligence was up to 80% genetic. If you're going to keep jabbing a finger (after dismissing evidence about another issue yesterday), at least consider the evidence given first.

Mr Jinx

On the former, I presented scientific evidence stating that intelligence was up to 80% genetic.
Question for Mike: Do you think intelligence is a completely random thing and nothing to do with genetics? I'm intrigued.

Grecian2K

Question for Mike: Do you think intelligence is a completely random thing and nothing to do with genetics? I'm intrigued.
Ah, but what exactly constitutes "intelligence"? There are many forms ranging from the "idiot savant" right through to the "perfect polymath".

tavyred

Time to come home Mike?

Rosencrantz

Interesting article on this from someone who has written for the Grauniad and New Statesman, amongst others:

Posted without comment or prejudice. But in case the credibility of the source is questioned (I myself had never heard of it until just now so would likely cry foul were someone else to link to it), here's another of their current lead articles praising the Lib Dems for their new stance on Brexit:

From looking at their website it seems to be a forum for people to write their articles without any editorial agenda apart from fact checking.

As the first article and indeed all references of the concerned parent being a Labour activist and therefore a plant came from Guido Fawkes website which was then crying foul, the conspiracy part at least is coming from a specific editorial angle. If the Conservative and Labour angle were switched, I suspect the "Corbynista' Canary website would be advancing the same theory.

As ever take the facts and check where the opinion is coming from before thinking for yourself.

Grecian2K

As the first article and indeed all references of the concerned parent being a Labour activist and therefore a plant came from Guido Fawkes website
Now come on Rosey. If the origins came from Mr P Staines' pulsating purple/blue organ (a source that makes even the Daily Heil look like a pinko-Commie rag) than surely it MUST be accepted without question or censure.

Alistair20000

Time to come home Mike?

Nah Tavy, Indo thinks we are a very intolerant bunch of feckers back here in good old Blighty. :)