• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously not a fan then Stuffy? 😆
Certainly not. My son's mate had to mike him up for an outside broadcast when he was Prime Minister and he was incredibly arrogant and rude to a young lad doing his job.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obviously not a fan then Stuffy? 😆
Nor am I, but I'm struggling to see how Cameron 'lied'. The bill wasn't paid by the 1 Dec that year, just as Cameron said it wouldn't be.

DB9

Certainly not. My son's mate had to mike him up for an outside broadcast when he was Prime Minister and he was incredibly arrogant and rude to a young lad doing his job.
Of course he was, He's part of that elite, Eton educated set that think they are here on this Earth to rule over the rest of us without critisim, Sort of do as i say not as i do

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nor am I, but I'm struggling to see how Cameron 'lied'. The bill wasn't paid by the 1 Dec that year, just as Cameron said it wouldn't be.
I suppose if you play with words he didn't lie on that occasion even though he did say in Helsinki that he was unwilling to pay "anything like" the 1.7bn demanded. Cameron then went on to say; he would "not be content" without changes to the scale of the bill and a new deadline. I believe after all that bluster the EU got their top-up 1.7bn in full.

But is he a liar as I suggested? I recall him on a tv prog giving an emphatic "no" when asked by an elderly gentleman if he would resign if he lost the referendum vote. You don't need me to add a link to know the answer to that one.

Alistair20000

But is he a liar as I suggested? I recall him on a tv prog giving an emphatic "no" when asked by an elderly gentleman if he would resign if he lost the referendum vote. You don't need me to add a link to know the answer to that one.
That is because the arrogant To55er thought he would win the Referendum.

However why are we surprised about politicians lying ? It is their stock in trade. You know a politician is lying when you see his or her lips moving.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course he was, He's part of that elite, Eton educated...
... as is the redoubtable Jacob. However, you couldn't possibly hang the 'arrogant and rude' tag on that gentleman even though some scurrilous individual might be tempted to do so ;) ;)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is because the arrogant To55er thought he would win the Referendum.

However why are we surprised about politicians lying ? It is their stock in trade. You know a politician is lying when you see his or her lips moving.
Or as the late Bob Monkhouse said: The only time a politician tells the truth is when he calls another one a liar.

DB9

... as is the redoubtable Jacob. However, you couldn't possibly hang the 'arrogant and rude' tag on that gentleman even though some scurrilous individual might be tempted to do so ;) ;)
Oh i think you can if you saw JRM behaviour in the HOC recently when laying down in the chamber closing his eyes as totally disinterested during a recent debate

dontpassback

You only have to look at the number of MPS who have jumped from one party to another to see what a self serving bunch they are .

arthur

More lies. But the country is so used to them does anyone care any more?