• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You must have missed the announcement this week where foreign students have been granted the freedom to work in the U.K. after their studies have ended, hardly the action of a nation descending into fascism is it Mike?
I don’t need to denounce racism to someone like you to prove my anti-racist credentials, I’m offended you even intimated I was racist to be honest. I know it’s your posting style to hit the nuclear button as regards this sort of thing, but just think about what you write sometimes.
I'm not sure what you mean by ",people like you". Who are you? Somebody special?
For me the topic of racism is more important than being concerned about offending someone's feelings, especially when that person defends those who clearly have displayed racist tendencies. You seem to be avoiding the subject bout Turkish immigrants. Not surprising : you can't deny it was a whopping great lie aimed at the lowest common denominator of narrow- minded rednecks.

tavyred

I'm not sure what you mean by ",people like you". Who are you? Somebody special?
It is interesting to see people who are obsessed with leftist identity politics getting annoyed when they themselves are pigeon holed.

DB9

One thing i will say about using certain terms and language is that at the moment there is a programme on BBC2 called "The rise of the Nazis" and last weeks episode showed how after coming to power they started to manipulate the public by using terms like "Enemies of the People" and "Traitors" in obviously Nazi properganda newspapers, Which i assume were the only ones available after they closed down any who didn't toe the party line. Now please don't think I'm saying we're going down that line but people and papers who use such terms embold racists and other extremes but it makes me feel really uncomfortable and sad we have stooped so low, We are so divided as a nation and media, politicians and especially online are taking full advantage of this. While Cameron is doing the rounds and flogging his book he certainly opened a Pandora's box when he gave the nation a Referendum

IndoMike

It is interesting to see people who are obsessed with leftist identity politics getting annoyed when they themselves are pigeon holed.
I thought it was you getting annoyed because you couldn't find a way out of the BREXIT Turkish immigrant lie and are unsuccessfully trying to divert attention from that. You need to live in a few countries as I have to understand. Life experience can broaden the mind, you know?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lily-livered Cameron says Johnson and Gove behaved appallingly during the referendum campaign. So why didn't he attack their lies at that time?
Because he's a bit of a liar himself Mike..

And then this..

And the dozy sphincter wants to jump into bed with that lot.

tavyred

I thought it was you getting annoyed because you couldn't find a way out of the BREXIT Turkish immigrant lie and are unsuccessfully trying to divert attention from that. You need to live in a few countries as I have to understand. Life experience can broaden the mind, you know?
Why you think you’ve got me skewered on the Turkey issue, I don’t know. I don’t recall me justifying Brexit because of Turkey’s accession to the EU. What are you talking about?

DB9

Have to admit I wouldn't want Turkey in the EU at the moment, Their President is a bit of a loose cannon, Their human rights are awful especially towards the Kurds and he is aligning himself with Russia while being in NATO, Too risky at the moment

DB9

Because he's a bit of a liar himself Mike..

And then this..

And the dozy sphincter wants to jump into bed with that lot.
Obviously not a fan then Stuffy? 😆

tavyred

Have to admit I wouldn't want Turkey in the EU at the moment, Their President is a bit of a loose cannon, Their human rights are awful especially towards the Kurds and he is aligning himself with Russia while being in NATO, Too risky at the moment
From memory, the problem with the Turkey issue during the referendum campaign was that leader of the Remain campaign (Cameron) was trying to convince voters that Turkey wasn’t anyway near accession to the EU despite being a big advocate for it to happen, he visited Turkey and met Erdogan and said as much I seem to remember. All part of the terrible remain campaign.

DB9

From memory, the problem with the Turkey issue during the referendum campaign was that leader of the Remain campaign (Cameron) was trying to convince voters that Turkey wasn’t anyway near accession to the EU despite being a big advocate for it to happen, he visited Turkey and met Erdogan and said as much I seem to remember. All part of the terrible remain campaign.
As a country I have no problem with them but with Erdogan (Cheers for remembering his name for me) He is very close to being a dictator, Think his last election was dodgy and for all Europe's faults most of the countries in the EU have free and fair elections