• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder which ditch booris will choose come the time? There's a decent one just outside my place, quite deep. Wondering whether to let him know as there are so many to choose from.

Spoonz Red E

What he might do is ask for the extension and in the November election make it clear that he did this under duress and promise in his manifesto to leave the EU within seven days of forming a government. Then the election really is a referendum on No Deal....
This is the most likely in my opinion and has been for a while.

The more he professes that he just won't do it the more he can say his hands were tied.

Two counter arguments then arise for the other side.
What happened to the deal that was progressing fantastically leaving only a 1 in a million chance of No Deal?
And if the threat of No Deal was such a huge bargaining chip (because the EU wouldn't dare risk the enormity of it happening and cave in to our demands) then why is No Deal just 'a few bumps in the road' for us?

Grecian2K

Reckon it will be the 1822 committee that will ditch "Boris" - possibly sooner than anyone thought, even a week ago.

Mr Jinx

This is the most likely in my opinion and has been for a while.

The more he professes that he just won't do it the more he can say his hands were tied.

Two counter arguments then arise for the other side.
What happened to the deal that was progressing fantastically leaving only a 1 in a million chance of No Deal?
And if the threat of No Deal was such a huge bargaining chip (because the EU wouldn't dare risk the enormity of it happening and cave in to our demands) then why is No Deal just 'a few bumps in the road' for us?
Plausible. But with where we're at now, he can't say I'd rather die in a ditch than not leave the EU in 7 weeks, then not do that without looking like a right tit and losing masses of votes.

Given he has said that, I think it more likely that he'll resign and fold his government which forces a GE. He simply can't repeat what May did and extend.

Spoonz Red E

I've been told this chap's Keene
and the stuff he produces is going straight into my speeches

Grecian2K

I've been told this chap's Keene
and the stuff he produces is going straight into my speeches

View attachment 1167
"Get off my **** ing Dewlap, Toff!"

arthur

Reckon it will be the 1822 committee that will ditch "Boris" - possibly sooner than anyone thought, even a week ago.
Only 44 letters needed now, following the purge :)

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member

Grecian2K

Is that REALLY the best that Cum-mings and his unpaid internees from the infant playgroup can think up?
At least Snatchy & Snatchy / Lynton Crosby were reasonably professional in their former Tory campaigns.

Alistair20000

Plausible. But with where we're at now, he can't say I'd rather die in a ditch than not leave the EU in 7 weeks, then not do that without looking like a right tit and losing masses of votes.

Given he has said that, I think it more likely that he'll resign and fold his government which forces a GE. He simply can't repeat what May did and extend.
I think you are right Jinxster. Boris cannot possibly ask for an extension. He will resign and I cannot see the Tory party getting a new leader in place to crawl off to Brussels to do this.

If he resigns do we not then get a situation where somebody else tries to form a government ? Cannot see the point of that with the No Deal legislation in place but would a coalition emerge to form a government just for the purpose of getting the extension from Brussels ? Cannot see that being Magic Grandpa. Maybe at last ancient monument/old fossil Ken Clarke will get the job he has always craved. Or Harperson ?

All of this is an utter waste of time. There is time for an election before 31 October so that a new ministry can do whatever the electorate delivers.

This Parliament is bust, kaput and needs killing off. Sooner the better.